Tool bag, tool box, go big or go home (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I got them from ali express (link below, use prepaid card) but its a gold mine for such stuff.

Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! EGP59.36 40%OFF | 10pcs 2p Spring Connector wire with no welding no screws Quick Connector cable clamp Terminal Block 2 Way Easy Fit for led strip
Please don't use these things for anything more than a trail repair that you will fix properly when you get home.

@Vulkyn
Thanks for the link. I had not seen them before and wanted to learn more.

@CharlieS
I agree those aliexpress spring connectors would be nice for a trail repair when the correct terminal crimper is lost or broken, but they don't have any way to seal moisture out.

I usually use weather pack connectors since I 've used them for years as I could buy them in bulk from where I used to work.
Delphi WeatherPack connectors

But I've used these before occasionally and they can handle similar amp loads but are much more compact. Due to the seal being designed differently, I think they may be less prone to allowing moisture past the seal. I haven't bought an assortment pack of them yet but likely will soon when I do the wiring for the diesel swap.
Deutsch Connectors

@Vulkyn
Thanks for the link. I had not seen them before and wanted to learn more.

@CharlieS
I agree those aliexpress spring connectors would be nice for a trail repair when the correct terminal crimper is lost or broken, but they don't have any way to seal moisture out.

I usually use weather pack connectors since I 've used them for years as I could buy them in bulk from where I used to work.
Delphi WeatherPack connectors

But I've used these before occasionally and they can handle similar amp loads but are much more compact. Due to the seal being designed differently, I think they may be less prone to allowing moisture past the seal. I haven't bought an assortment pack of them yet but likely will soon when I do the wiring for the diesel swap.
Deutsch Connectors
I love the Deutsch connectors. With the round pins and crimper it makes a consistent wire crimp and they have good weather protection too.

Please don't use these things for anything more than a trail repair that you will fix properly when you get home.
In case you missed them in the picture I posted:

1- Normal connectors:
IMG-20231209-WA0056.jpg

2- Waterproof connectors:

1702121541231.jpeg
1702121469226.jpeg

@Rollinns

Very well said, I used them for hard to reach interior / dashboard connection's for some time as well as quick repair. The waterproof connectors are for outside the cabin, lights and equipment that need quick release etc.

In my boat repair I go the extreme measures for proper sealing due to salt water hence the shrink / crimp connectors in the picture above (I also use glue before heat shrink in submerged cables for a complete seal.

For field repairs, heat shrink crimp connectors and a simple stripper/crimper tool have worked well.

I don't know if it was mentioned before, but I seriously recommended adding iJIS (Japanese industrial standards) screwdriver set. What a difference in usage compared to philip screwdrivers.

They fit so much better and far less risk to strip screws on original Toyota and Japanese screws.

I got a small set on my trip in Germany as I couldn't find any in Egypt.

Screenshot_20231226_110022_Chrome.jpg

20231221_193012.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom