Took it for a ride (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

pbgbottle

Forum Lifer
Threads
Took the old cruiser out for a drive ,she’s been sitting for a couple of years ,
It’s sure is still fun to drive ,,

AF049754-77F6-46B6-844A-5867EFD1C024.jpeg
A6DE2E89-2BC7-4653-BF22-FF8C88FA22E1.jpeg
838CFDC8-69F6-4540-93D7-A7988F9C1A0D.jpeg
6BB54795-AC86-43A3-8811-E82F5B2B5B47.jpeg
418E595A-EA2E-4CC0-91C0-58874CED9E04.jpeg

How much body lift? Any downside? ;) gotta keepit tech

I just got my hands on a discharged fire extinguisher... I’d use it for a fuel surge tank, but being 2’ tall I’ve not got space for it.

It’s around 3inch. I started with a 1 inch body lift spacer kit from manfree I think back in the day. Then stuffed a 2 inch square tubing spacer in there so it uses two short bolts so no movement at all rock solid. I ran the body lift with the super swampers I didn’t want to cut up my truck too much. One day I’ll tske the 2 inch spacer block out and lower it. She is too big. But hey that’s what happens when you build these things 20 years ago when you where young and all you wanted was to be big and huge with monster tires. Hahaha. No downside an easy mod if you have Saginaw steering 2 inch is easy anything after that the shifters need a bit of tweaking. Hey hit the floor when shifting low to high. I also have the sm4645 so the shifter top plate is taller so the three inch was nice with the
Sm465 no real issues with it all. Just fugly in the rear which I will cover up with a rear tire /fuel can holder one day.

How much body lift? Any downside? ;) gotta keepit tech

I just got my hands on a discharged fire extinguisher... I’d use it for a fuel surge tank, but being 2’ tall I’ve not got space for it.

I'm trying to understand why "it's been sitting for a few years" :oops:. Should be driving that every day!

Now we’re talking. 👌🤩

I’ve seen too much 33x10.50 and 2.5” OME lately.

I'm trying to understand why "it's been sitting for a few years" :oops:. Should be driving that every day!
It happens... especial with gas being over $5/gallon. Mine has been sitting a couple months. I let the insurance lapse because I was planning to do some work on it... then Covid... now I hardly barely need one vehicle insured... can't justify 3.

In a way I wish I was one of the people who has had to sit home with nothing to do ;) for the last two months. Just imagine how many 40 projects I could catch up on. But I'm not complaining... I'm safe and well.

It’s a bummer for sure but like bikersmurf said fuel around $5 bucks a gallon (Canada ). I did buy gas in Blaine Washington but they closed the border ,, , insurance for it for a year is almost $1,800 for the year ,, I have three teenagers who play way to many sports have two other boring vehicles on the road. And we have switched to boating the past few years, I can be on the lake in 30 mins. The bush is a bit farther. Can’t fit the family in the cruiser. The kids love to waterski great family moments. Give me a couple more years and the cruiser will be seen everywhere as me and the wife will be camping all over the country. 😁
:cheers:

It’s a bummer for sure but like bikersmurf said fuel around $5 bucks a gallon (Canada ). I did buy gas in Blaine Washington but they closed the border ,, , insurance for it for a year is almost $1,800 for the year ,, I have three teenagers who play way to many sports have two other boring vehicles on the road. And we have switched to boating the past few years, I can be on the lake in 30 mins. The bush is a bit farther. Can’t fit the family in the cruiser. The kids love to waterski great family moments. Give me a couple more years and the cruiser will be seen everywhere as me and the wife will be camping all over the country. 😁
:cheers:
Wow our gas was $1.09 couple weeks ago.

37x14.50R15?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom