Took a Little Trip Today! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tony_Farson

Club President, Battle Born Cruisers
GOLD Star
Threads
Website
battleborncruisers.com
So I dusted off the Beater Bronco and headed up Peavine, down into Meadow Valley, crossed Long Valley Creek, and down through Mitchell Canyon, and all the way down Dog Valley to make it back into Verdi via Henessey Pass Rd. 25 miles, four hours, and cat 1-3, 4 if you want them! I think we should try to make a club run along this route. We will avoid Dog Valley and use Long Valley Rd though (I won't incriminate myself!).

I took the Bronco places I wouldn't do on my own, but my buddy is a lot more experienced and was a great spotter. I only lost the passenger side mirror (it was already broken) and added some more character to that rear bumper of mine.

It is only about 30 more minutes to Stampede Resivoir, we could make the the destination, do some fishing, swimming, and sun bathing before heading home, either via 80 East, or back up through Henessey Pass Rd.

I should add that I was VERY impressed with my friends stock 2018 4Runner TRD Off Road rig. He pushed that thing pretty hard, harder than I would push something less than three months old! And it handled everything he threw it at with ease. That Crawl Control is pretty stinking cool too! I am reconsidering my opinions in IFS for serious off-road now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom