Too rusty for glass? Seattle body shop? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.rhodescreations.com
Decided to replace my cracked windshield. Safelite came out but the tech left after cracking the glass a bit more. Said it was too rusty to install new glass. Have an appointment in 11 days for an estimate at an autobody shop. Any suggestions for a place to fix this in the Seattle area?
lxglass1.jpg

lxglass2.jpg

If it looks like that on the outside its usually much worse underneath. Mine is in the body shop for the same reason. Luckily mine is able to be saved and it didnt spread into the roof too much. I was quoted $500 for repair and insurance is covering glass and install by a technician experienced with Land Cruisers. I was lucky enough to have him come remove the glass and show the shop what repairs were critical for repairing it correctly before he reinstalls.

Any idea if the glass is OEM or aftermarket and been replaced before?

20230501_115922.jpg

20230501_115932.jpg

Last edited:
I had the exact same issue with Safelite and my new to me LX470, also in the champagne beige.

I decided to forgo new glass at the present time, since it passes inspection in DC, and will deal with it in the summer.

MNXJ1996, I am shocked at the very reasonable price for repair. Here in DC, I was looking at just under $2k since the rust was bad and insurance wasn’t covering windshield as it wasn’t cracked badly enough to replace.

I had the exact same issue with Safelite and my new to me LX470, also in the champagne beige.

I decided to forgo new glass at the present time, since it passes inspection in DC, and will deal with it in the summer.

MNXJ1996, I am shocked at the very reasonable price for repair. Here in DC, I was looking at just under $2k since the rust was bad and insurance wasn’t covering windshield as it wasn’t cracked badly enough to replace.

I wouldent hold off any longer than necessary if you plan to keep it. Unless you just need an a-b car and are driving it into the ground it's worth it to catch it early. Rust never sleeps as they say.

I was worried it would be more as well. I took the opportunity while it was in the shop to have a few other areas touched up to preserve its present state, which is very decent considering its age. I intend to keep it around for awhile.

Car Tech in Edmonds can take care of everything and they know how to properly do 100 series glass.

This is the shop I would recommend as well.

If not addressed, leaks will happen and you will start to have electrical issues that will become an exorbitant expense to try and repair.

Thanks for the tips. Oh, it's started leaking already. I thought it was just from the multiple cracks throughout the glass. I'll give Car Tech a call. The current glass is aftermarket. Also need to have the wheel arches on the 60 cut out and replaced so maybe I'll see about that while I'm at it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom