Too much play/movement left to right in front power windows....can they be tightened? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys, just me being obsessive about my 26 year old truck again....

I've been driving around with my door card off tracking down a rattle, looks like I got that sorted out but while I have it off I figure let me see if I can address all the movement in my power windows.

My glass was rattling when it was rolled down slightly, I changed out the runs on both sides which made a huge difference but I still have some play and it is left to right, even the top rear corner driver side doesn't seem to seat properly.....I can push it back further in with my hand.

Is there a way to tighten this, get rid of all the play in it?

Thanks fellas...made a video for reference. It's a 97

Adjust the position of the regulator guide channel.
The bolt closest to the door latch is in a slotted hole. Loosen the bolt, raise it lower it, re-tighten.

IMG_0988_2~2.JPG

A little bit of adjustment here should fix that. I think raise it up from memory.

Adjust the position of the regulator guide channel.
The bolt closest to the door latch is in a slotted hole. Loosen the bolt, raise it lower it, re-tighten.

View attachment 3314774

A little bit of adjustment here should fix that. I think raise it up from memory.

Thanks Mud! You're referring to the bolt circled in the pic correct? Just tightened it down....no change. That bolt doesn't appear to be connected to the piece which is shifting....

Thanks Mud! You're referring to the bolt circled in the pic correct? Just tightened it down....no change. That bolt doesn't appear to be connected to the piece which is shifting....

Yes, the one I circled red gives you a bit of adjustment on the window position.
It changes the angle of the regulator guide roller inside the door. Changes the angle that the window sits at.
Shifting that bolt up in the slot angles the window toward the rear, so the glass is more firmly in the window channel in the door frame. ( I think! I might have up/down ass about)

Yes, the one I circled red gives you a bit of adjustment on the window position.
It changes the angle of the regulator guide roller inside the door. Changes the angle that the window sits at.
Shifting that bolt up in the slot angles the window toward the rear, so the glass is more firmly in the window channel in the door frame. ( I think! I might have up/down ass about)

Ohhhh so you mean actually moving the position of it and not just tightening it?

Thanks mud I'll always default to you but unfortunately that doesn't appear to be the culprit. Moving my window left to right does make it move but very very slightly and adjusting it doesn't solve the problem. I've attached another video of where it is moving and how much movement I get from that specific spot...

What do you think?

Hard to say from that video.

There's a decent amount of leverage on the regulator arms so a small adjustment at that bolt can make quite a difference.

May just be an accumulation of wear in a few moving parts. I've seen the nylon rollers worn out too

Hard to say from that video.

There's a decent amount of leverage on the regulator arms so a small adjustment at that bolt can make quite a difference.

May just be an accumulation of wear in a few moving parts. I've seen the nylon rollers worn out too

Hmm...thanks mud I'll keep playing with it

Move the circle bolt down if you want the window to sit into the window run tighter as in it shifts the glass back. I just did mine today and also loosened the bolt next to the adjuster bolt. Pulling on my window my regulator has play like that as well.

Move the circle bolt down if you want the window to sit into the window run tighter as in it shifts the glass back. I just did mine today and also loosened the bolt next to the adjuster bolt. Pulling on my window my regulator has play like that as well.

Thank you Ajax, excuse my ignorance which bolt are you referring to specifically?

The bolt that is circled red in the pic is the adjuster, I also loosened the bolt to the left of the circled red bolt. Taking the circled red bolt down moves trailing edge of the window deeper in the channel @Francis K

So yea gonna reveal what a dumb donkey I am here but maybe it will help the next guy, I was missing a bolt! In the pic mudgudgeon posted the bolt to the left wasn't there on mine.....5 hours wasted but got it fixed. FML

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom