1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tony blairs comemt

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by 2badfjs, Jul 7, 2005.

1. 2badfjs

2badfjs

“We know that these people act in the name of Islam, but we also know that the vast and overwhelming majority of Muslims both here and abroad are decent and law abiding people who abhor this kind of terrorism every bit as much as we do,” Blair said.

my question would be......
    if there are so many decent and law abiding muslims
    how come we don't hear about them speaking out about all this??????

my answer is that they prolly condone it!!!!!

2. Liam

Liam

Media:
    Albums:
    bring back profiling....****em

3. NorCalDoug

NorCalDoug problems solved daily...

sure.

that must be the case. because you haven't heard any Muslims condeming the attacks, it must be safe to assume that they all condone it.

just like everyone agrees with all our government's policies.

get a grip.

4. e9999

e9999 You want to do what...? Moderator

Doug, agreed.
    However, it is also fair to say that there hasn't exactly been an outpouring of condemnation from the muslim community regarding past attacks. One would have expected better.

5. 2badfjs

2badfjs

exactly,just my point.

i'm not saying that ALL condone this.
    but where are they? thats all.

6. Liam

Liam

Media:
    Albums:
    This is true. If Muslims want to start having or getting respect from other race/religions whatever...they should step up to the plate and voice their opionions - regardless of what they are. If they sit there saying nothing I'm gonna throw them into the catagory of they all are terroist and should be treated as such.

7. Gold Finger

Gold Finger

Many years ago I was in Eire that is Southern Ireland; I was having a good time having some good crack listening and taking part in the folk music and drinking Guinness. Some sentiments had been passed earlier in the evening by one of the indigenous folk that it was a shame about all the troubles that were going on, then a collection was being made and it was pointed out by one person who pulled us to one side and warned us that those people who were sitting at our table were notables in the IRA and that the money being collected was for there cause and that we shouldn’t contribute and that he was ashamed because we were being tricked into paying toward the bombing bombing. He was right and as the Evening went on various toasts were being put about all anti English etc, etc, but the main thing was just how many people were going along with what was said and rejoicing with the IRA people I was Gob Smacked I can tell you because earlier there was no suggestion at all about what was going on. These were ordinary country people all most probably Christian with a capital C but were prepared to pay up front for money for arms and this was probably repeated up and down the country.

Here In Wales, although you only tend to get a small no. of fire bombings against the English, there is a general feeling of hate which often comes out, it starts off in school were they are taught about how badly the English had treated them, its in there blood. English people in Wales are prejudiced against in many ways both openly and covertly. The thing is, I was not even born when all these so called terrible things were supposed to have happened. What they forget is that the ordinary person in England was under the yolk and it was the Land Owning Gentry that cracked the whip, some of whom were welsh.

Similar in Scotland with the clearances, it was the Scottish Laird who had long retired to rich London who first brought in the sheep which was the precursor to eviction.

I am not saying that no English did any wrong but they are all dead a couple of hundred years ago, but the prejudices are still encouraged, so maybe there is some truth in what you say, however that is a dangerous path to tread not all naturalized peoples have loyalties to there mother countries although some do. Perhaps surveys or anonymous polls should be able to clear that up. The reverse may be also true about Expatriates from our respective countries living abroad, I am sure no ex Brit or US person would side with there new country against there original one.

8. PolterGeist

PolterGeist

Yeah, then we can invade their country and take their oil! Brilliant idea! Of course you know after we do that we'll have to feign surprise and horror when they all get pissed at us and don't start singin' "God Bless the USA" the next time something bad happens, but that's ok. We'll still be driving our H2s and living the American dream.

You should write policy. I used to, but you're way better. Want me to arrange an interview with the RNC?

Steve

9. Gumby

Gumby Supamod Staff Member s-Moderator

Dangerous and short sighted thinking.

That would be like saying that you condone the actions of the KKK and the Ayrans if you are a white christian. Every group has it's extremists. Most people of every group are not represented by them.

Did the NRA publicly condone the Michigan Militia after Oklahoma City?

10. NorCalDoug

NorCalDoug problems solved daily...

We still have some internment camps left over from WWII. Japanese-American citizens took pretty good care of them while they were "housed" there. I'm sure a few of these could be re-used...

:rolleyes:

11. paulj

paulj

12. OZCAL

OZCAL

Got to find a Muslim first. Not that I'd know one if I saw one...

http://www.aljazeera.com/me.asp?service_ID=8930

13. Jan-78FJ40

Jan-78FJ40

Noah and 2badFJ2, what you are saying is not thought through well at all.
    Firstly, there have been numerous condemnations by the muslim community, for previous attacks, and for this one. have you looked for them, or are you just stating an opinion?
    secondly, why does the mainstream have to apologize for the actions of extremists, who happen to share the same religion?
    are you christian? have you apologized for the bombings of abortion clinics in the name of your faith?

Personally, I feel zero need to apologize for this. Anyone who would identify me with this kind of thing because I come under the "Christian" umbrella is wrong. Anyone who assumes my support because I feel so distanced from that kind of action that I don't speak out is twice wrong.

Identifying all Muslims with the bombing and assuming they support the bombing if they don't speak out is the same sort of prejudice at best - and hate mongering at worst.

think about it.
    Jan

14. bigndn

bigndn

Media:
    Albums:
    You're thoughts are in the right arena, but........

Profiling? My ass! It's called statistics. When 90% of the terrorism in the world is currently being conducted by a certain religion, it's called the law of probability.

We also have to understand that we are a nation made out of convicts, derelicts, thieves, etc that were kicked out of many other countries way back when. Therefore, we all learned to get along out of necessity. The middle eastern countries have been knocking off their neighbors like the national past-time for eons and will continue to do so. I remember back when Iraq was our ally and Iran was bad.....now Iran is our ally and Iraq is bad.

Those of us who have Native American backgrounds understand this.........back in the day if your tribe moves in on our hunting grounds while we're off on a hunt and we're gonna kick your ass or die trying. It's OUR hunting ground....get the fawk outta it! That's the way it is........the strong survive.

:rant on: Most civilized countries of the world are worried about killing a few civilians during battle, right? Well, I say, when the gloves have already come off (i.e. 9/11), and IN THEIR BELIEF it's ok to kill a bunch of totally innocent civilians, we shoulda just nuked those goat-****ers.........the whole country....and their neighbors.......just to make sure we got them all! I have no mercy for them after 9/11, especially their beliefs, their religion, or their BS attitudes. If true followers of Islam (or whatever it is) want to practice their religion peacefully, they shouldn't be around all the extremists. Either get in the fight or get away.........either way, I DON'T CARE. Don't ever make the mistake with me that you can sucker-punch me and then everybody else will make ME play by the rules. Ain't gonna happen.....EVER! As for NATO...hello........the US is the strong arm of NATO. Not to mention what do they do for us? What happens during a natural disaster? Who jumped to the forefront after the tsunami? All I have to say is that if you live in the mountains, you'd better expect snow..........if you live in the desert, you'd better expect heat and drought........if you live by the ocean, expect to swim with sharks, experience tsunamis, and get mauled by the occasional sea lion. My point is that we get pretty much nothing from the rest of the world, but our bleeding hearts fund everything across the planet when we need to be handling our own things here at home. :rant off:

Thanks for playing....

15. Jan-78FJ40

Jan-78FJ40

check the papers, people. Even HEZBOLLAH is condemning the attacks. http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/L07397428.htm
    what else do you want?

and bigndn, your calculations are plain wrong. if 90% of all terrorists are muslims, are 90% of all muslims terrorists, or what?

I can tell you that 100% of all abortion clinic bombers are christians, does that make a christian an abortion clinic bomber?
    Jan

16. Jan-78FJ40

Jan-78FJ40

and are you sure you are not confusing NATO with UNO?? but you sure rant well :)

17. bigndn

bigndn

Media:
    Albums:
    Jan-78-fj40:

Yup, confused NATO w/UNO, I have WAYYYYYYYYYYYY too many acronyms in my melon, sorry. Thanks for pointing that out.

On the calculations, I guess I shoulda went farther.......If 90% of terrorists are Muslims AND 90% of Iraq is Muslim, then it should go to figure that there's a s***load of Muslim terrorists in Iraq.

Wasn't trying to say all Muslims are terrorists. Just the law of probability........

18. Gumby

Gumby Supamod Staff Member s-Moderator

There is a lot wrong with this rant. Nation made up of convcicts and cast offs? Where are you from, Austrailia?

Who jumped to the forefront during the tsunami? Our government had to be embarrassed into pledging support.

90% of terrorism in this country has been perpetrated by Gulf War vetrans. We better start rounding them up.

19. concretejungle

concretejungle SILVER Star

Bingo! I think some people just refuse to look at the obvious. You can only turn the other cheek so many times. THese are tough topics, and i have learned on this board to tread lightly because i respect and enjoy so many board members opinions.

Just like i saw a report a long time ago on Bin Laden's brother. Yes he condemns what Bin Laden is doing or has done, but has he told us where he is, or where anyone of his terrorist leaders are? No. Does he know where they are? only he can truely answer that question. So is he truly condemning him or just putting on a front? You decide. I only hope thousands of innocent lives are not lost while we try to play the politically correct game :rolleyes:

20. bigndn

bigndn

Media:
    Albums:

Who do you think made up the majority of the crews of the first settlers? If you think they were rich, landowning Englishmen gents with a knack for adventure........well,I'll bet you are wrong. I'll bet they were poor folks/prisoners who didn't have much choice. Why leave a silver spoon for the settlements?

Our bleeding hearts jumped to the forefront.......that's what I meant. I probably saw at least 30 "save the tsunami vics" emails in the first 24 hours alone. "embarrassed into pledging support".....see my above in the rant about where you live. Lemme check...........yup, still not much pity. I wouldn't expect everyone to jump in and bail me out because we suddenly got 11 feet of snow in 5 days. I didn't expect anyone to feel sorry for me during tornadoes/hail storms in the midwest, either.

90% by Gulf War vets? Still can't compare with the pure numbers of innocent civilians lost in the WTCs.

Gumby......it was MY rant. Sorry if you're offended, and you don't have to like it. You know....free speech and all..... Nobody can change the way I feel about MY COUNTRY being 'sucker-punched' and then we have to 'play by some rule-book'. For example, keep civilian casualties to an absolute minimum after the enemy just flew multiple planes into the WTC and Pentagon (and got their asses kicked by some motivated individuals with the plane that crashed in the field). That's BS in my book. But that's just me.....