1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TonkaCruiser's PS Hose ???

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by mtweller, Aug 15, 2006.

1. mtweller

mtweller

Anyone have any additional info on the Autozone PN 80070 that is in the tech section. Specifically, which fittings those are. I have a box off a '68 Skylark 350 and the pump off a '86 Olds Cutless 307. The pump came with hoses, but of course they don't fit the Saginaw box. I spoke with Classic Cruisers and they said just to get a hose from a GM application at the parts house, and of course that is not quite enough info for this rookie. I can have one made for $45, but if this fits my application, it's only $17.

Thanks in advance.

2. Poser

Poser Oh...Durka Durka Durka. s-Moderator Supporting Vendor

Media:
    Albums:
    Your issue is the fittings...

Your 1986 power steering pump has Oring fittings and not flare

Your steering gear is flare....

I have hydraulic hoses made when I do steering conversions....and only use flare boxes and pumps.

Good luck!

-Steve

3. CruisinGA

CruisinGA

You can unscrew the fittings from *any* saginaw pump and screw it into another to swap fitting styles...

napa part # 20-6000 is the standard saginaw pump with 5/8" keyed shaft, and flare fitting. It is about $60.

An FJ60 high pressure power steering hose, also about $60 from Napa is flared on both ends and works will saginaw and Toyota flare fittings. It even has a nifty abrasion sleeve.

Good luck.

4. sine80

sine80

read post #53. I still have a few to convert o-ring to flare. It will do either (or both) box/pump. I paid $5 each. I have been running it for over a month, no problem. a friend is the mgr at an auto parts store who recommened them.

mike

edit: link

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=463319&page=3

5. mtweller

mtweller

Those lil' doo-dads are pretty sweet. I think I found just the opposite online, that will adapt the gearbox flared fittings to o-ring style. If that works, I should be able to use the hoses that came with my pump. I'll update this thread when I get to that point.

Thanks for the info fellas'

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">