Tongue Box Ideas for M416, M100, M101-CDN, etc (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’m looking for ideas and pics of commercially available or home-brew tongue boxes for 1/4 Ton Military Trailers.

The two Harbor Freight boxes look like good options at a great price. Lots of pics of those. Any others? Any cool boxes repurposed and mounted on the tongue of these trailers? Has anyone built their own box?

Other than relocating the parking brake, are there any challenges that arise when adding a tongue box?

Thanks in advance for your contribution to this thread.

We used a really large ammo can on the Cheep Utility Trailer. Found it at a local gun show for $20 Looked, I don't have a pic of it. Roughly 30" long by 18" wide by 10" deep.

I mounted an ammo can in the tongue. Very useful for storing stuff and doesn't get in the way. I'll try to get a picture.

Found two. It is a FAT 50 I believe and I used a few brackets. No change to the trailer other than 4 small mounting holes. If you want closeups let me know via pm.

The reason I went so small and low is so it wouldn't hit anything on sharp turns backing up or with the tailgate down.

Trailer1.JPG

Trailer2.JPG

Last edited:
I used an old Coleman cooler for the past decade.
Untitled by Adam Tolman, on Flickr

But I just finished a refresh on my trailer over the weekend. Part of the refresh was a new Harbor Freight tongue box. Should work well, but I don't have any actual trail time with it yet.
Untitled by Adam Tolman, on Flickr

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom