Toggle switch, for ignition/dash components (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I thought a while ago, someone posted a link to a "covered" toggle. The cover, in the down position will turn off the switch.

Another interest is a fuse block that you NEVER have to stop and jiggle fuse to make the gages work, or start charging, etc.
What donor vehicle block would work well?

Starting to compile "stuff"/ideas for a custom dash.

As well looking for dash ideas. Did a search, with marginal results.

Thanks!
Pete

I'm buying a lighted marine rocker from www.waytekwire.com for my OBA to match the ARB switch that comes with the locker. I really like these marine rockers.
Most of the custom dash's I've seen are just a big piece of diamondplate aluminum with the holes cut for various guages and switches...nothing that special nor complicated to build.
If I was to go to a modern fuse block, I would use one with modern ATC (I thinK) blade type fuses and use circuit breakers instead of fuses.

I just picked up two 6-slot ATC fuse blocks from one of the local auto parts stores. One will get a switched hot from the ignition switch, and one will be constant hot. I also picked up an assortment of circuit breakers and fuses in different amperages. I just need to crimp 1/4" connectors onto the existing wires and plug em in. I think the blocks were like $5 a piece, but the circuit breakers can start to add up if you use a bunch of them at $3-4 each. I'm sort of excited to get rid of the glass fuses forever...

There are a bunch of people selling wiring kits on ebay with nice fuse blocks and wires for pretty good prices, but I decided that I didn't want to completely rebuild my harness - just upgrade the current 6-slot block that's got at least 3 wires on every terminal :-[

Eric

Waytek is the way to go, they have what you need and pretty good pricing. If you are really abitious, Saab 900 cars have a pretty sweet wiring harness and fuse box to swap, lots of circuits and relays.

I think WranglerNW.com has the lockout switches, but they're spendy.

that waytek site is pretty nice, bout to order some stuff as soon as i get some money....we could be waitin a while for this one, ha ha.

and good idea erock.
what all are you put on the switchable box? heater, radio, etc?

malphrus

look for the brand K4 I think, they make the red covered switchs, they are stocked local(WA) at Baxters auto parts, I think for like $12 or $16.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom