Todays 80 adventure (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My friend and I recently bought some adjoining property (35 acres) out in the boondocks and decided to go out today to mark some GPS coordinates. On the way out, we ran into the vehicle that some crazy guys built to drive into Tornado's. The pics tell the rest of the story:

Filled her up:

Boondocks021.jpg

Heading south off the interstate, we saw the Tornado beast. Pulled a u-turn and snapped some pics. They were changing out the rear diff fluids I believe and acted like celebrities (not friendly).
Boondocks022.jpg

Boondocks023.jpg

Boondocks024.jpg

Boondocks025.jpg

Boondocks028.jpg

Boondocks029.jpg

Boondocks030.jpg

Staring competition:
Boondocks033.jpg

16K pounds vs 5K
Boondocks034.jpg

On to the boondocks:
Boondocks036.jpg

Boondocks037.jpg

Boondocks041.jpg

Boondocks044.jpg

Boondocks046.jpg

Boondocks052.jpg

Boondocks053.jpg

Time to hike into the boonies:
Boondocks055.jpg

What is that ahead:
Boondocks056.jpg

continued

Cool, a secret pond! We didn't even know it was on the property:
Time to build a cabin:
Boondocks060.jpg

Tornado weather coming, time to boogie.
Boondocks064.jpg

Boondocks066.jpg

Boondocks067.jpg

Boondocks075.jpg

Boondocks080.jpg

Boondocks081.jpg

On the way out we saw some white smoke ahead as we approached this muddy area. Some guy went by us in a beat up fox body mustang with the pedal to the metal. He made it through and as he passed we looked over and I swear he looked just like one of those freaks out of the movie "Wrong Turn".

Boondocks082.jpg

It looks easy in the pictures but alot of the areas were pretty hairy to get through. That being said, I never even had to put the Cruiser in low gear or lock the diffs. Looking forward to many weekends this summer in the country.

I saw that tornado chaser on Discovery Channel last year, they had an entire show about them, pretty cool. I am sitting here watching the radars as tornadoes are passing by us now!
Rusty

that tornado chaser is built on a Ford pickup and weighs almost 9,000 pounds. I met them when they came through this area. Nice enough guys but they thought it was a good idea to take it down a dirt road to a lake bed during a west Texas storm. I thought is was weird strom chasers were amazed by 40 mph wind. pretty normal here.

Looks like a fun time wheeling, congrats on your new land.

man, that tornado thing looks like a piece of back yard cobbled junk....

Great pics! Looks like you have 37's with all that mud around them;)
Saw the tornado truck the other day on Nat Geo, they might not be friendly but they have serious cojones.

The Oklahoma woods look less menacing than the Alabama woods. You might could actually walk in your woods during the summer time and not get eaten alive with briars and huge thorny vines. Seems like people ride on that road through your property a little bit since it is fairly clean which might not be a bad thing if you don't go down there a lot. That pond was a great find. The first thing I would have done was to see if any fish were in it. Did you check?

Tornado chasing, that would be a rush! That rig is freakin crazy...I seen the National Geographic eposide on these guys about 2 years ago-maybe? At the time, they were trying to get footage for an IMAX film they were making....

The Oklahoma woods look less menacing than the Alabama woods. You might could actually walk in your woods during the summer time and not get eaten alive with briars and huge thorny vines. Seems like people ride on that road through your property a little bit since it is fairly clean which might not be a bad thing if you don't go down there a lot. That pond was a great find. The first thing I would have done was to see if any fish were in it. Did you check?

The only real bad thing about the woods up here are the alternative life style ticks (they seem to like balls). :princess:
I found about ten on me when we got out of there. I'm gonna bring some bread next weekend and see if there's anything hungry in the pond. If there aren't fish now, I'll be bringing some up there. The roads are there from the gas/oil companies that have a few wells in the area.

Right after we left the boonies a Tornado dropped down a couple miles south of us and rolled through the Mcalester Oklahoma area. Last week, this storm rolled right by my house and dropped a tornado 4 miles north. I need a supercharger so I can start chasing these things.

Storms019.jpg

Storms020.jpg

Great pictures. Your new land looks like a good place to hunt, fish, and camp.

Actually saw that same tornado chaser truck yesterday morning in Northwest Arkansas!

We JUST BARELY missed the tornados. They went north and south of us. About 25 miles north of us got wiped out. So far its up to 22 people dead... They estimated winds inside the tornado at ~320mph.

My truck got beat up by hail. It was definitely bigger than golfball size. I could only fit 2 of them in my hand.

-Tim

The only real bad thing about the woods up here are the alternative life style ticks (they seem to like balls). :princess:
I found about ten on me when we got out of there.

Umm, atleast they weren't on the balls. Been there done that.

That rig like like er uh....it belongs in a dumpster:D

I wish gas was that cheap as well! I was able to get away with $3.99 this weekend for 87.

Looks like they had to drive it up on the curb to give it a little more clearance. You'd have to be pretty small to fit under there on level pavement.

How'd that guy in the sixth picture get under that thing? I know I couldn't fit.

I think this was the previous owner, and he wants it back!!
1897264689_45d253ef6f.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom