Today was a very very productive day (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
First off i would like the thank Ken (Romer)and Wes (Wesintl). Ken got here at about 11:45 this morning, so we put the crankshaft in and started to grease everything up. then Wes got here and we put the all the pistons in, then the camshaft. got evrything all torqued up. put the oil pan on, and then put all the lifters and rods in. By the way Wes, we found that oil slinger in the corner of the garage, so my dads putting that on right now. so hopefully sometime this week we will get the head checked to see if its flat, and if not we will get it machined. so i would like to get everything all tied up this weekend or the next. And again, thank you Ken and Wes, would be no where with out you :)

Pictures are soon to come. :cheers:

Last edited:
did you put a stock or RV Cam

o cuz i need to rebuild my 2f or a 2f and im going to put the RV in mine. i think me and you are the youngest on here.

What does the RV CAM do for you?

BTW - Max your folks are nice and it was a pleasure to come by and help :)

The lobe on the rv cam are bigger, and so it pumps more gas into the cylinders. and gives a bit better performance bit its, but it give worse MPG.

17 almost 18

I'm 44 - Bailey, I also remember when you were the youngest on this board

Remember, this is Tech. Better post some pics Max.

It's amazing how simple the Toyota 1f and 2F engines are. I then turn to my LX450 and think about potentially having to change the headgasket out. What a difference.

well i pm you guys if i have questions, what are some things i should do when rebuilding. iv got the head and everything out of the bay, just need to pull the block and tranny/case. i want to get alot more power out of mine, im going to put a RV cam, DUI dizzy, mill the head down .08 to raise the compression. Any other ways im nothing thinking of to get power you guys know of?

NOS search the LCML archives for hot rod 2f mods.. Most come from Mr. Whatley or Chenowith.

Glad I could help out today, your almost there. Once upper managment left we got alot accomplished :eek: J/K Ken :eek: :D

74fj40 said:
The lobe on the rv cam are bigger, and so it pumps more gas into the cylinders. and gives a bit better performance bit its, but it give worse MPG.

Sort of.... An RV grind removes material from the back of the lobe on the Cam. This in effect makes the front of the lobe bigger ( but it doesn't actually get bigger). It just changes the ratio of travel between the front and rear of the lobe...

Short and sweet is that it allows the valve to stay open longer drawing more air and fuel into to piston chamber...

HTH, I retyped this message to try and be clear, but it's tough to explain if you aren't sitting in front of me with a cam...

BTW, I'm running and RV grind in my 2F and like it...

thats good to know, can you tell a dif in performance?

FJ40onNOS said:
well i pm you guys if i have questions, what are some things i should do when rebuilding. iv got the head and everything out of the bay, just need to pull the block and tranny/case. i want to get alot more power out of mine, im going to put a RV cam, DUI dizzy, mill the head down .08 to raise the compression. Any other ways im nothing thinking of to get power you guys know of?

I would run performance pistons before milling the head... Milling the head removes needed material and makes the it more susceptible to cracking. I have Ross racing pistons in mine, custom made for $600. Ross would need bondo molds of your combustion chamber, and before and after combution ratios...

:beer:

Oh wait, most of you are too young to drink :grinpimp:

Seth

FJ40onNOS said:
thats good to know, can you tell a dif in performance?

i've never had a 2F motor, before this one... Just my stock F. It's not much of a comparison. Will you be at Pismo? I can take you for a spin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom