TO8139 CV Axle Questions. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Long time lurker here. I’ve usually been able to get my answers by just utilizing the search but I need some more clarification on this one. I recently lifted my land cruiser at 152k miles and as expected, unfortunately, I’m seeing CV axle grease throwing now. My local shop is recommending CV axle replacement using the TO8139 part number. After searching here I’m under the impression that everything but OEM is junk. The shop claims they have never had to warranty one out (24-month warranty) and have good success with this part. The shop services tons of cruisers and has a great reputation in the area. I’m very new to the land cruiser scene and currently, I live in an apartment with no tools while my house is being built so I need a shop to take care of it for me because have a 2k road trip coming up next month.

I guess my question is what makes the TO8139 CV axles as bad as the search results make it seem? What is it that makes the tripod design so much worse than the rzeppa?

Last edited:
I'm sure you've already searched enough. If it's not oem, then it doesn't have the rzeppa design. Instead it's got the tripod.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom