To those that have deleted their AHC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

How much different?
LC was 24mm and LX was 23.XX mm.

I've not installed a Whiteline ASB on a 100 yet but I did on my friends 80 and the design was slightly different than OE.... as in the bar hung down a little further than before.

At one time TRD also offered sway bars for the 100. (30mm front, 27mm rear). They've been long discontinued.

LC was 24mm and LX was 23.XX mm.

I've not installed a Whiteline ASB on a 100 yet but I did on my friends 80 and the design was slightly different than OE.... as in the bar hung down a little further than before.

At one time TRD also offered sway bars for the 100. (30mm front, 27mm rear). They've been long discontinued.

Sure seems to me that the stiffer anti-sway bar would negatively impact travel when off-road. Maybe I'm wrong, but it sure seems to make sense that this would be a negative when on trails.

Exactly... it's all about compromises. If you add 1000 lbs to your vehicle and uprate your springs. It seems logical to uprate your sway bars. I'm fine with the OE swaybars and driving it accordingly but if I was adding 250+ lbs to the roof, I'd probably also run the whiteline bars.

Exactly... it's all about compromises. If you add 1000 lbs to your vehicle and uprate your springs. It seems logical to uprate your sway bars. I'm fine with the OE swaybars and driving it accordingly but if I was adding 250+ lbs to the roof, I'd probably also run the whiteline bars.

Very true. Mine is a daily driver. So, about 22k of my 30k annual mileage is on-road. I wish there was an effective way to come up with a disconnect so I could simply disable the anti-sway bars for off-road. I've seen a few examples, but none really seem all that great. I've toyed with the idea of removing them entirely once I get to HIH9 and then re-installing them once it's over for the trip home. Makes sense if you're doing multiple days consecutively off-road I guess.

Ideally, I'd want an adjustable sway bar. 50% of OE rate for off-road and 200% rate of on-road. Something like this could work behind the rear axle but that would mean no spare tire (in my case, no aux fuel tank).

db_file_img_1715_340x255.jpg

Sure seems to me that the stiffer anti-sway bar would negatively impact travel when off-road. Maybe I'm wrong, but it sure seems to make sense that this would be a negative when on trails.
Not if youre sidehilling a lot

I have the factory sway bar on my 05 LX470. However, I did replace the torsion bars with larger diameter ones, as suggested by Slee. I went with the medium springs, Trail Taylor sway bar extensions on all four corners. The ride is very solid and predictable. I dont think you will miss the AHC, especially if you aren't lifting it more than 2.5 inches. Its still easy for me to get in. However, my wife is 5'2" and she has to climb up but its not that big a deal.

Kind of late to this thread... but I threw on Whiteline ASB front+Rear a soon as I took out the AHC. Saw how skinny the stock bars were. This was at least 6 yrs ago. Swapped in stock LC components, and 1.5" wheel spacers. SUV handled like a sports car for the most part. 95% paved road/ mall basher back then. Now considering sway bar disconnects for some trails, but I'll try it as is a bit more first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom