To SOA or not (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Working on a 1961 FJ25 project. SBC with a TH700. Looking to add a suspension lift. I would like some replies on SOA vs SUA results. It will be getting PS. Mostly looking for answers on ride and stability on and off road. Wanting to use a 35" tire. Also the rear springs measure eye to eye in a straight line at 50"s How does this compare to a FJ40

John

camcruiser13 said:
SOA no other way

Agreed............without a doubt. Once you go SOA, you'll never go back. Do the SR at the same time. LIFE WILL BE GOOOOOOOD!!

hmm... if it was a 40 i would say SOA, but its a 25 and theres not alot of those around. an SOA is somthing that would be kinda difficult to undo if you ever wanted to bring it back to stock.

74fj40 said:
hmm... if it was a 40 i would say SOA, but its a 25 and theres not alot of those around. an SOA is somthing that would be kinda difficult to undo if you ever wanted to bring it back to stock.

He already has a SBC with a 700 in it, I doubt he is worried about going back.

Do the SOA/ SR, and you will not regret it. Get some disc brakes in there as well while you are at it :cool:

V-DAWG said:
He already has a SBC with a 700 in it, I doubt he is worried about going back.

Do the SOA/ SR, and you will not regret it. Get some disc brakes in there as well while you are at it :cool:

Not yet!
IM001068.JPG

In some of those they say you have to cut and turn the axles. is this necasary or can I just get away with moving the mounts.

a79yota said:
In some of those they say you have to cut and turn the axles. is this necasary or can I just get away with moving the mounts.

If you don't cut and turn, you could potentially bind up. Better to do it right the first time.

just get er done while everything is apart, you will not regret it.

NO SOA!!!!

soften up and modify your springs, cut ALL your body panel! ;)
use a 2.5" lift with a longer main leaf w/a military wrap
and run some 36" meats :D

carry on :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom