To rebuild or not to rebuild THAT is the question (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Is it worth it? I think.... I have everything I bought this truck with several boxes of parts. You all know what I talking about. rebuild kits seem pretty pricey.

What I know I have:
Head rebuilt with chevy valve train, new valves, dual springs, seals etc. never used

old rocker assembly feels a bit tight.
block was cooked but needs it again
old POS looking cam and gear
radiator Looks ok I would have it recored for larger four core
pumps oil with pickup (looks ugly) fuel, and H20
thermo housing
crankshaft needs truning / polishing as it has some surface rust.
bell housing,fly wheel and clutch assoc. linkage
DUI distrub./HEI; looks pretty new.
motor mounts - solid no rubber????
intake and exhaust manifold
NO CARB
misc sheet metal for carb intake and fan housing(no fan)
bucket full of bolts to God know what.

Well guys what do you think??
Should I try and do this thing or part out the good stuff and do a SBC with a stroke kit?

I dont like any SBC kits but the aussie version or the ranger split deal
both are about 1500.00 with no motor. but hey sbc are a dime a dozen.

Thanks Kenn

What are you running right now? What setup? Year? How well does it run? Is it just a bunch of parts? Used 2Fs in running condidtion are $600 +/-. If you have all the parts right now, you'll save a bunch of money putting together an engine vs. piecing something together.

Going with a V8 doesn't have to break the bank, but when you start tallying all the other costs (wiring, hoses, bolts, etc) it does add up.

currently not running as in "pieces". the truck is a 78' I'm going to pick up a set of fiberglass top sides and amby doors tonight. I'm pretty excited.

I'm pretty set on keeping this truck set up with a 2f, I'm just worried about A) finding all of the nickel and dime stuff to do it. and B) finding the best method to go about doing the build.

Bore and cams whats the max. potentional

Who makes the best and most complete rebuild kit?

Which carb should I look for ? or should I go with a fuel injection?

I'm leaning towards the 2f

currently not running as in "pieces". the truck is a 78' I'm going to pick up a set of fiberglass top sides and amby doors tonight. I'm pretty excited.

I'm pretty set on keeping this truck set up with a 2f, I'm just worried about A) finding all of the nickel and dime stuff to do it. and B) finding the best method to go about doing the build.

Bore and cams whats the max. potentional

Who makes the best and most complete rebuild kit?

Which carb should I look for ? or should I go with a fuel injection?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom