1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To Part or to Sell????

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by Recon1504, Jul 17, 2005.

1. Recon1504

Recon1504

I have a 1971 FJ40 project that kind of stalled out due to some personal reasons. Due to those reasons, I find myself having to sell the project. Do I sell it all outright or do I part it out which should yield a little better return. I have some reluctance to part out a FJ40 that still has a future on the road and/or trails. What to do???? The money is a factor but it is not the overriding factor. If I am going to lose some money in the deal, I would rather see it go to another cruiserhead than the soon-to-be ex................

2. clemson55

clemson55

I'd say sell it as a whole man. Give another cruiserhead the chance to bring it around like you wanted to.

3. 74fj40

74fj40

sell it as whole, youll make much much more money. people think that theyll make more money on it if they part it out, in some cases this is true but others is not.

4. e9999

e9999 You want to do what...? Moderator

been wondering about this. Seems like one would have to spend a lot of time taking the things off when parting out. So would depend on how valuable your time is?

5. TheGr8Doughboy

TheGr8Doughboy

I'll second e9999, all depends on what is of value to you: your time, money, passing along the project. Parting it out and shipping the parts all over keeping track of buyers is a pain.

Chris

6. Romer

Romer fatherofdaughterofromer Moderator

Sell it whole, otherwise you will end up with big peices nobaody wants lying around

7. Exiled

Exiled

If it's not strictly the money and there is a soon-to-be-ex in this, why not keep it and use the Cruiser project as catharsis? To me there is no better therapy than working/driving/daydreaming about my Land Cruiser.

Years ago Texican described an evening drive in his FJ40, pure poetry and everyone here understood the feeling.

If your mind's made up, then it depends on the components, I tend to feel that if some of the key parts are there, they might bring more money than as a whole.

8. Recon1504

Recon1504

Thought about this all day and my cruiser conscious will just not let me part it out. In the end, it has provided me hours of time to think and wrench which got me out of the house when the wife was still here. That alone is worth a lot! I still have my other FJ40 which needs a complete going over so I will post in in the classifieds this week and get some pictures. Thanks for the input.