To LX450 owners. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
As we all know, the LX450 contains the 1FZ-FE engine. It's the same engine in my 100 series. Do you find this particular engine to be smooth as LS430 and LX470. Because there's a minor vibration in my car so I'm just asking...

Last edited:
As we all know, the LX450 contains the 1FZ-FE engine. It's the same engine in my 100 series. Do you find this particular engine to be smooth as LS430 and LX470. Because there's a minor vibration in my car so I'm just asking...
Are you talking a T100 or a 100 series Land Cruiser? The LX450 does indeed have the same 1FZ-FE engine as the FZJ80 and both are well balanced and smooth. My understanding is that the 100 series cruisers had the 4.7 V8 that is shared with the LX470.

To clear things up, the middle eastern 100 series do come with 1FZ-FE, my car has it.
and It's not UZJ100, but rather FZJ100 instead. Also known as the G, GX and GX-R.

Smooth, very smooth.

Yes. UAE is an international market, where the 1FZ continued well into the mid-2000s. Even in the 100 series.

My 1FZ in my 80 series is exceptionally smooth.

It was not so smooth until I changed out the HT lead, which was original, circa 1996.

I'm guessing the high tension lead you used is after market? If so, I'd like to know where did you get that.

Smooth here in the LX450

I thought about this overnight, and realize that there are several things that could be making an 1FZ run rough.

Technically, an inline six should be a smooth running engine, due to the nature of the Otto cycle. Any inline engine with six cylinders per bank, such as inline sixes and V12s, have firing impulses that are mathematically balanced. Therefore, roughness in an I6 indicates something wrong with the impulses.

Other than wires and plugs, I'd look at compression, knock and O2 sensors and other input feeds to the ECU. Also look at the ECU itself as a culprit. I'd consider replacing the fuel filter and sock just because of where the OP is located.

@WildOtter have you owned this vehicle from new?

Smooth until I shift it. Probably time for motor/trans mounts :(

Mine is not smooth. I've done all PM to try to make it smooth:
New plugs, wires, cap and rotor
New fuel filter and sock
Cleaned TB
Adjusted timing
Changed fuels
Tested all EGR equipt.
New O2 sensors

All operations are running correctly (No CEL), no vacuum leaks, no fueling issues

I thought about this overnight, and realize that there are several things that could be making an 1FZ run rough.

Technically, an inline six should be a smooth running engine, due to the nature of the Otto cycle. Any inline engine with six cylinders per bank, such as inline sixes and V12s, have firing impulses that are mathematically balanced. Therefore, roughness in an I6 indicates something wrong with the impulses.

Other than wires and plugs, I'd look at compression, knock and O2 sensors and other input feeds to the ECU. Also look at the ECU itself as a culprit. I'd consider replacing the fuel filter and sock just because of where the OP is located.

@WildOtter have you owned this vehicle from new?

The car was bought new, and there was a vibration from day 1, but it wasn't bothering me very much. To be frank, it still doesn't, but I thought I can do any enhancement to the engine since I'm a mechanic myself.

Other than the solution you mentioned, I thought about full engine overhaul (it consumes oil). I'm thinking about aluminum block and pistons, your thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom