To Invest or Not To Invest?! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have had my '96 Taco since '99. It passed the frame recall, but the right rear shock ripped off with the attach bolt and chunk of frame while off road. Everything underneath is rusted out. It's just a matter of time before the springs crack off.
Numerous cosmetic and mechanical issues. Driver door lock issues, exterior body rust, no A/C in 15 years or so, gas tank leaks (Dealer says it would have to be replaced est. $1000) etc. etc.
I found a 2004 in impeccable condition with 167k. No rust at all. I believe that the dimensions are the same such as the truck bed, rear bumper mounts, and front grill mounts. I have an after market Allpro bumper for the rear, and bambi basher on the front with after market lights. I also have the stock bed liner which the '04 doesn't have.
They are asking 14k for the '04. If the dimensions work for the after market mods I have I'd like to pull the trigger on it. Any thoughts on reasonable price range for a dealer rock lot selling an '04.
Is anyone able to confirm that the specs are the same for the frame and bed for 1st gen ('95 - '04)?
Thanks for any advice....

PS- ebay motors shows later first gens going from 5k through 15k depending on mods and condition.

That's a lot of money for the '04. I wouldn't pay that much for it. Dunno, maybe check Kelly blue book.

Bed dimension? Must be the same-right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom