To help the newbies- (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

CreeperSleeper

Cascade Cruisers
SILVER Star
Threads
I know that the question of "What should I do to my 80 first?" has come up a lot. I thought I would give you my opinion: At first I thought that tires should be the first mod because it is amazing where a good set of tires will take you... now I know that they can take you right into trouble. :doh:

Okay, here is the punchline: FIRST MOD SHOULD BE ROCK SLIDERS!!! Even if you don't rock climb. This happend on a root: :whoops:

P1010015.jpg

P1010014.jpg

P1010016.jpg

OH NO! its totaled, i'll take it off your hands for the hefty sum of a dollar

Wow! You really wacked that root!

Yes, this is a good thread to show the wife. Well it would be if I didn't already have sliders on the LX450 and the 4runner.

Romer said:
Yes, this is a good thread to show the wife. .

Well...she might just respond that an expensive vehicle shouldn't be driven like that...so this could backfire too...

I'm not sure the rockers are the best investment into a used 80.

I'd argue that spending a lot of time (and unfortunately, a bunch of $$$$) baselining essential components/systems on the rig would be the right move.

That would answer the question, "what should I do first to my rig?"

Now, if the question was phased, "What mods. should I do first after baselining my rig?" Then I think 'sliders' would be one option.

I don't have them, but then again, I hang out at the local Starbucks talking to Ty in Canada about the differences between standard and metric measures.... :flipoff2: In an seriousness, though I am hitting on rich MILF's sporting my IH8MUD hat!

IIRC, this question is covered in the FAQ above under "Most cost effective Mods." or "Best mods." or something like that.

Best.
-onur
Akron, OH

lovetoski said:
Well...she might just respond that an expensive vehicle shouldn't be driven like that...so this could backfire too...

How about trying to avoid an accident and going over the curb to avoid hitting another car or geeting squished yourself.

Damn dude!

If it's any consolation... those tires do look good though :D.

First thing I bought for the wife's LX...Slee step sliders.

...now...if I can only find some time to install them...:doh: :D

NorCalDoug said:
First thing I bought for the wife's LX...Slee step sliders.

...now...if I can only find some time to install them...:doh: :D

Man, you still haven't put those on yet. Maybe you should spend less time reading stuck's posts :D

Bring them out here, I'll help you :beer:

Romer said:
Man, you still haven't put those on yet. Maybe you should spend less time reading stuck's posts :D

Bring them out here, I'll help you :beer:

:eek:

:frown:

:crybaby:

it's more fun to put stuff on mine than it is to put stuff on hers :D
maybe next weekend...after I fix her broken antenna mast/cable...or after I place an order for a new rear bumper for her from Mr. Slee ;)

ya my wife really appreciated those pics until she read this.......
lovetoski said:
Well...she might just respond that an expensive vehicle shouldn't be driven like that...so this could backfire too...[/QUOT

which she agreed with, but she did say those tires were cool, so thats a start

Iakopa said:
lovetoski said:
Well...she might just respond that an expensive vehicle shouldn't be driven like that...so this could backfire too...[/QUOT

which she agreed with, but she did say those tires were cool, so thats a start

It's all about choosing the appropriate argument for the audience. For Romer, maybe it's about hopping curbs...for others maybe it's about getting back into the woods to spend quality family time...for others it might be adding a sturdy step to facilitate getting into that big/safe vehicle.

Don't just assume that why you want it will be why somebody else wants it...

Josh83 said:
I say it will buff out.
If it doesn't buff out, look into getting this gadget advertised on cable TV called something like "Pops-a-Dent". ;)

lovetoski said:
Iakopa said:

It's all about choosing the appropriate argument for the audience. For Romer, maybe it's about hopping curbs...for others maybe it's about getting back into the woods to spend quality family time...for others it might be adding a sturdy step to facilitate getting into that big/safe vehicle.

Don't just assume that why you want it will be why somebody else wants it...

I didn't use the hoping curbs argument for my wife. I showed her a vehicle with similar damage and then showed her some pics of Moab. She knew I was taking it to Moab, so there was no issues. Just trying to come up with another tact for others.

beno said:
I'm not sure the rockers are the best investment into a used 80.

I'd argue that spending a lot of time (and unfortunately, a bunch of $$$$) baselining essential components/systems on the rig would be the right move.

That would answer the question, "what should I do first to my rig?"

Now, if the question was phased, "What mods. should I do first after baselining my rig?" Then I think 'sliders' would be one option.

I don't have them, but then again, I hang out at the local Starbucks talking to Ty in Canada about the differences between standard and metric measures.... :flipoff2: In an seriousness, though I am hitting on rich MILF's sporting my IH8MUD hat!

IIRC, this question is covered in the FAQ above under "Most cost effective Mods." or "Best mods." or something like that.

Best.
-onur
Akron, OH

I thought that by put "first mod should be" in caps, people would see that I was talking about. Baselining is a given and I really don't feel that a disclaimer about baselining first needs to be made on every post about a new mod. :cheers:

Ouch. Now I'm glad you didn't invite me along on your last trip. I guess I don't get the rest of your touch up paint now. What's the latest on your sliders?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom