To buy or not to buy for parts...Solicited Advice please (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Many good parts, congrats mate!
... and some good rims: do they are the (sought after) non split version?

Look like 15" mini-truck wheels. I'd be getting that 2f running asap, if only to know what you have there. You just don't know. Look at my post from 2 weeks ago about 'reviving a 2f from the woods'. My total unknown turned out to be a total ringer. Dang, 10 hours north of the border. That is Way up there. Best of luck with the build and you got yerself some good ol' parts there!

Many good parts, congrats mate!
... and some good rims: do they are the (sought after) non split version?
Thanks mister. Am pretty sure they are not split rims. Not sure I'll keep them.
Look like 15" mini-truck wheels. I'd be getting that 2f running asap, if only to know what you have there. You just don't know. Look at my post from 2 weeks ago about 'reviving a 2f from the woods'. My total unknown turned out to be a total ringer. Dang, 10 hours north of the border. That is Way up there. Best of luck with the build and you got yerself some good ol' parts there!

Am hoping to pull the 2F out and stick it in my 1970, before doing so, I'll look to see how much work it would be to get the starter out of my 1970 and stick it in the 76 and do a compression test - trouble is, I don't know how far to go, should I really rip apart the 1970 - it's basically all stock. I need to do some more reading, to see if it's better to keep things bone stock, or to Frankenstein together the 40 that I want and will love. I'm going to go check out your post right now.
I'm basically finished the shelving now, need to organize the tools a bit, clean up the garage, and then I'll get into the donor cruiser to see what I can salvage and sell.

I'm with White Stripe on this.... You just need to find one more donor and you will have the makings of two nice 40s! Not sure, but I think this is where the term 'slippery slope' comes into play. Not to fear, an 8274 (ir two) will remedy the slope problem.

A slippery slope indeed - Not helping with he decisions. Though I kind of like that Idea as I can enjoy one while I work on the other, that way The 40 can still be enjoyed. Hmm…

I agree. That one doesn’t look too bad. Would be a pretty good candidate for getting back on the road or at least the trail. Good luck whatever you decide.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom