To buy a 60 or a 62??!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Actually, one supposed to look tomorrow! I should stop waiting over $350 and just pay the $2200 vs my offer of 1850 which I came up from $1500 which he said he would consider if he got no better offers or other interest. Just the lack of missing/broken parts will pay the $350 FAST!! Hehe! Only pic... This made it hard too because inspection was hard/limited but they guy is legit!

image.jpg

I say buy buy buy,don't let it slip now.Good luck.

I can tell you that the going price around here for a 60/62 or 80 series that does not drive is $1-2K depending on the condition. I can tell you that the same 80 I bought 1.5 years ago for $1K would run $1.6K today. 60/62 are also on the rise as well, If the body is in good shape and no major rust on the frame I would consider $2K

Prices are higher here for 60's and '62's without rust issues. You can barely give the rusty ones away. Really nice original ones that have sat in a garage too long and may need some mechanical restoration could easily command $5K plus. $2K would be a smoking deal for that cruiser around here if the body and interior are grade A.

Buyer 2 either shows with the full asking $ today or tomorrow or its mine saturday morning!

Damn that is a lot of hassle to buy a truck. Did you show this guy cash?

No, he is about an hour away in no traffic and I offered $1500 and then bumped to $1850 right before i left. I had the $2500 in my pocket that day and told him I did but he sat firm at $2200 as I was the first to look at it (on 3rd or 4th day of ad, which was BAD with no pics either..) and I figured I had a good chance at a text in a few days to come get it and I wanted to price the parts it needed and get an accurate value on what I saw, i'm an 80 guy, don't know 60/62 $$ as around here they are $3500 with blown head gaskets, 5-7 with rust and 10k+ in nice shape... This was one of the first I found/saw and more have popped up to comp since, then I didn't really know and wanted to ask you guys!

These rigs seem to be big $$ when close to stock here in Nor Cal, 10k lifted with no roof LOL!

I'm looking for my 3rd 80 series as well, I have a thread going in the 80 section about progressive rate coils and shocks I am going to be developing for them. My trucks are too modded, I am looking for a clean, stock rig to baseline weights ect and start with a 1" stock restoration progressive rate coil and then a 3" progressive in diff weight capacities.

I would love a supercharged or LS swapped 95-97 80, a stock 60 and a V8 LS swapped, modded 60 or 62!!

Anyone have any good leads? I am in the middle of a build on a white 96 LC, clean, axles are done ($4k... Geeez) and I have collected everything else but a few pieces, and TIME!

I do have a 60 acre ranch vacation home in central CA near Lake Don Pedro, for those familiar, with every type of terrain possibe for testing on the 80 suspension systems, including a full shop building with lifts, all the right tools, ect (ex mechanic, always a wrencher) I am excited to start!

I guess I am different, I show up with a truck and trailer and show the seller the cash, I even come with my own bill of sale and fill it out. You also have to be prepared to walk away. I've had sellers run up to the truck as I was starting to pull away.

On the flip side I am selling a 4RNR right now and I have guys show up, try to bargain the price down and have NO CASH ON THEM to actually close the deal!! My favorite is when they TALK about paying cash, show me the money. The whole point in cash aside from being invisible is to make the deal happen right then and there. I'll take a check but you wont get the vehicle or title until it clears.

Well, that has been the problem, all i have is gooseneck trailers and they are at my ranch! I am hoping to buy a 24' enclosed or a tilt flatbed today and THEN i would have bought it right there, but for $2200 as he did see the cash, he is an airline pilot, 2k won't make or break him, it's a sentimental issue, as he told me.. He stored it for 7 years to get 2k back lol...

I had a 24' enclosed i bought 3 years back, had it for a year, it was in the way (pre-ranch) so I sold it a year ago! Dammmm it!

fj62 with bj60 drivetrain and grill w/ hj61 axles

frankenstein it haha

I had the $2500 in my pocket that day and told him I did but he sat firm at $2200..

Why tip your hand, if you're trying to drive a hard bargain? Did you drive up in a lifted 80? He can afford to sell it cheap and you can afford to pay the asking price. LOL, good luck with the negotiations.

Yea at this point just grab a trailer and drive over there with the cash and give him his $2,200. A few hundred here or there won't matter in the long run. Time is money and you don't want to keep looking all over creation when you have a nice rust free specimen for that price. Have fun with it!

This thing still hasn't been bought? When I bought my first 60 I paid what the seller asked. In doing so, he also threw in a bunch of parts that alone were worth a few hundred dollars. In the end I walked away a happy cruiser owner. Like stated above, I also went up with cash and insurance in hand for the drive home anticipating it as a done deal. Good luck. And get it while its still there. Someone will snatch it. I would if I were close. A clutch set runs 250 plus install. That's a great investment right there.

Go with the 62 but as others have stated, I'm biased

Done! Just got it home! In the stack of receipts, which I still haven't read most, within the last 20k miles... Brakes (new rotors, calipers, bearings, drums, ect)

Some smog work in 2008 when the last guy bought it, replaced sensors, computer, ect and it passed! Poor guy only drove 100 miles before the tranny or clutch went! I will find out soon I guess!

Diff services, ect. He kept a list of what he did, when, the cost ect! You can tell it was his baby.

I really think we got a good truck here!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Few more

image.jpg

image.jpg

Thank God you got it,Lol. I would have bought it right away if it was close by. So what's your plan for this beast?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom