To buy a 60 or a 62??!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

First, congrats on the truck. It looks great and I think you did really well on the price.

My '88 62 has 3 point seat belts. Had it when I bought it used 20 something years ago. I assume that it came from the factory with them.

Mine has the 3fe, H55 and the 60 front end mod. Unfortunately it has power windows but I've tried to combine the best of the 60 & 62. A pretty sweet setup. On to a diesel.

My 62 has all the power options but no 3 point harness.
Sometimes I wish I had manual options but I make do haha

you can add the 3 point rear belts to the 60. Most likely the upper nuts are on the c-piller. You may run into the reels not having a proper mount at the bottom though. They did not all have the bigger box area for the real. Mine did not when I did the mod. I had to cut and weld a plate in the reel area, with bolt mounting meat..
So suffice to say it's not always plug and play. There are threads on it here, and I did follow it for this. Sometimes it's difficult to find these threads. Start in the FAQ to see if it's listed.

Great, thank you for the link, I appreciate the help guys!

Almost back on the road! The clutch fell apart! The center of the disc just came apart, springs fell out ect.. Flywheel had some heat spots and surface checking so we put a new one in with an Aisin clutch kit and new rear main seal.

They also found a seized rear wherl cyl. The whole brake system is new but I guess since it sat so long it locked up! So, new wheel cyls and full bleed today and time for a test drive!

I know she needs a front leaf bushing (it's gone!) so I will probably do the lift ASAP or maybe a small shackle lift for now and get new bushings in there.

I'm sure there will be more but not much more, overall it looks pretty good :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom