To all with LineX on their 100s (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I just got my 100 back from getting painted after a tornado scratched it up and broke a window in STL. I had the body shop leave the side trim off because I am dabbling with the idea of whether or not I should LineX from the top of the trim line down. My only question is how did you guys fill holes that big? I know that smaller holes people use aluminum tape, but the holes under the trim seem a little large for that remedy. If t is too extensive I will just use a rattle can bed liner and spray the trim pieces. Thanks for the help.

masking tape was all that was used to cover the holes on mine back in 2008. Havent had an issue. And the LX has a lot more holes than the Land Cruiser.
IMG_0321.JPG

Also, what kind of price is fairly normal? The lineX guy told me around 800 which o think is fairly high due the minimal amount of taping, and it only is a straight line. He also told me the same price for my 80 going around the wheel wells.

We used aluminum tape over the holes and I had the LineX guy lay down an extra layer for build up where the factory trim was...

THe pricing varies wildly for something not standard. When I had my truck done, I got quotes from $1500 to $4500 with times from 1-4 weeks to complete.

My dealer did it for $1600 in one day. I had to visit and butter him up multiple times to get him to even agree to do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom