Wanted TN preferred, but willing to travel: FJ40 roller with a solid tub (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Found one, thanks everyone.

Alright folks, I have a 1976 FJ40 I just finished installing a freshly rebuilt 3B/H55 and doing a 60 series power steering conversion on. Well, about a month ago I had someone pull out in front of us, and me and my daughter ended up going for a wrong side up ride in the 40. I've started to pull the rig apart to get a better handle on the damage and it looks as if both B pillars a pushed towards the passenger side. I was contemplating trying to repair it, but I'm no body man and coupled with the rust already in the body I'm leaning heavily towards finding a good body to swap on my rig as the mechanicals of this truck are sorted out and it drives great.

If anyone has or knows of a good candidate preferably 78 or older, I'm not picky on years just as long as it will bolt up to my 76 frame. I also don't mind travelling. I am in Middle Tennessee, but for the right rig I'd be happy to come get it. Thanks!
IMG_20200403_110044.jpg

Last edited:
Dang, that sucks. Hope everyone was okay. This one's been up on the Denver CL for a while. Not sure if it's a direct bolt-on to a 76, though.

*Just saw '78 and older. Ooops.

I have a really nice 78 frame, 77 axles that you do not need and a decent 74 tub that needs a little work but could be what you are looking for. it is a roller right now but is loosely put together and could come apart without much trouble. I have all the other body parts, doors etc as well.

I am in Richmond VA

pm me if interested.

Rob

I’d bet your existing rolling chassis is just fine, it looks nice too! Maybe just a tub/body swap?

i ave a 75 fj40 project for sale...tub has been sand blasted...1/4 panels replaced...painted...undercoated..installed on frame
if interested call 215 804 8711 located in pa

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom