For Sale TN 1997 Lexus LX450 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. LX450
Mileage
Color
rgb(195, 171, 171)
Outside Link
https://imgur.com/a/CtwVUOa
VIN: JT6HJ88J7V0169300

No Locking Diffs

264k Miles

Don’t let the miles fool you; this truck has almost been completely redone, inside and out.

Built in Japan, in February of 1997, this LX450 was then delivered to Lexus of Concord, California, where the original owner kept the vehicle on the west coast until moving to Atlanta, Georgia in 2001. The truck spent a small amount of time in the ATL area, before being moved to Memphis, TN, in March of 2003 – it has stayed a southern, rust-free vehicle ever since.

Exterior: 9/10

Finished in Cashmere Pearl metallic, the paint shows incredibly well, as it was repainted due to faded wheel well arches. Since the repaint, there is some beginning stages of minor peeling (In certain corners, i.e. rear bumper, minor window trim peeling, grill shows some minor peeling), that are shown in photos. When inspecting the vehicle, I find no evidence of body or frame rust, and all body panels and bumpers are OEM Toyota/Lexus. Small touch up paint on the front bumper, and there is evidence of a small collision with the driver’s side front corner (March of 2019) – all was repaired, but is slightly noticeable. Few scratches and minor dents akin to normal wear and tear, however I would say the condition is much better than vehicles that are even a couple years old, let alone this being 23 years old.

Interior: 9/10

Originally finished in Lexus “Oak” leather, the previous owner went over the entire interior replacing the leather. No rips or tears, near new condition with only small/minor evidence of wear, and custom front seat heaters to boot. There is now a Pioneer touch screen head unit, with the capability to pair phones and already wired with functional reversing camera - works just like a modern car. Head unit pumps sound through four Kicker Audio speakers (replacing factory speakers in all four doors), including custom-embroidered “Lexus” branded rear subwoofer (channeled through an Alpine Amplifier). Sunroof is large, as it was one of the few original factory extra options when new, and still works well. CodeAlarm Security System, with three remotes, two original Lexus keys, with the ability to lock, unlock, initiate panic mode and even has remote start – works flawlessly. Custom 3D-Printed cup holders (front and rear) by BH3DPrinting, as well as custom cut and fitted all-season floor mats throughout.

Mechanical: 9/10

I would trust this vehicle across the country and back, as was recently driven to Texas and back to Memphis without issue. The previous owner methodically addressed nearly every component on the vehicle. New suspension, new cooling system (radiator, hoses, water pump), new engine oil pan, new driveshaft, lower engine rebuild, front and rear differentials serviced, trans-out service, all fluids replaced (power steering, differential, brake fluid, just had engine oil changed). I have some recent documents for some services during current ownership. The CarFax shows a long record of continual maintenance. Looking underneath a 23 year old truck and you would think it’s nearly new. Original owner’s manual, and window sticker included.

Given the amount of labor, materials and parts that were put into this vehicle, and in its current condition with modern amenities, the asking price is $14,950 for a clean example of an increasing growing classic. This truck is also listed on AutoTrader and a few other forums, if you spot her elsewhere.

Here is a link to photos -

I have a copy of the CarFax report and AutoCheck available on request.

Any questions, feel free to message me, or email at jsfisher99@gmail.com

I can take any additional photos or videos of the LX if desired.

Last edited:
:popcorn:

What does a trans out service entail? Is it like a Ferrari engine out service?

UPDATED EDIT:

I am learning that the front driver's fender may actually be aftermarket, as I cannot locate a "Toyota" stamp in the metal, or a vin tag. No other markings on that fender that I can find to determine it's origin.

Last edited:
Update:

Located complete dealership records from when the truck was new (many records with detailed service notes), until 2013 @ 224k miles when the head-gasket blew - after which, the engine was rebuilt, and other major services performed by the previous owner. I also tracked down the original front driver's fender, and can throw it in if desired!

I'm in Memphis and am happy to take a look at this if any of you guys are interested

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom