TMWT: The machine work thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

GLTHFJ60

Rum Runnin'
SILVER Star
Threads
This will be a thread dedicated to machine work and machine repair. Drill presses, grinders, lathes, mills, etc. Whatever work you're doing on a machine or machine equipment, post it up here!!

Does anyone in the club have a milling machine? I have a job that needs to be done for my lathe (repairing/modifying the compound) and I need a mill to cut a t-slot. I can do the ops myself, just need access to a mill!

If anyone needs lathe jobs done, hit me up. I'm getting myself set up with lathe tooling so I'll be able to do a myriad of jobs.

Did you want to buy a mill?

No. As stated in the first post, looking for someone who has a mill that I can use for a few ops.

feel-likeirmtaking-crazy-pills-cuckneme-oom-11367270.png

All I've got is this old girl:

te5oH0ZHFZBJCNdFwmqfw21CB4P0pv3MW1XOdIRMsfE85BiyWrp2UE1Kat312fvqm7XjTo9HY0G78qs1Oz4uw4wkaCZkJjTAovnl0YG6xLTWIaWg-XuU8AhmF_pds9p-dF8TdVzClwQmwR-mbNx01MlYnOFKgzQj3EVfG4VuEDAc9UZhaq8GCMyTHxvBllU4nrtjVFSRZZ6SMlWqFNfahJ7R3XVIMQ5dz1UjZMqn3fUCVCuDzxjek3H8ZRDG4SAMI7MoPUxMJav6GI1PkSVpA6qPqhhtmtR3HYsD2_cEmfPqBzTVDbQzSG9YRVr4bFDK1aBVO29mvU7mJNpJVUyAUJ-Dgypx4pshMk-krvh5XAnXNhckNQXBj4NAt7w4FxWlIrUHffubNzmrHfeARjPDIi7tErycip0CDbzrqgCxEvX3kBBbf69_lhfIwOf05uw19dWLaWqWsB3GtF-tA5wRMwLidSmw9jw4TH3-utpZF4Hg93eSl_QYRhwL_8YZQvJZh9AfmRmMjGrUEb5iHysm49t0rZ7dD0guMWGY9FGgfmlezlAGjcyhiBl_zzIyj2ziHbS5I5HcXBH7H68DSuUmwkemrtTz9VxOu9nga0TW=w1280-h950-no

Sure, but do you have a mill?

A mill

an-old-grain-mill-at.jpg

I have this mill but I must confess it blows

upload_2018-3-23_13-32-39.png

That takes a lot of Grist to make that comment.

A “MIL” relates to the U.S. military variation of a unit of angle known as a milliradian. The distance between the centers of any two adjacent dots on a “MIL”-Dot reticle scope equals 1 “Mil”, which is about 36" (or 1 yard) @ 1000 yards, or 3.6 inches at 100 yards.

Here you go Johnny. I can give you a class on how to use my “mil”-dot reticle scope to measure distances. Then you can borrow it.

I used to run them bridgeports many moons ago......without the digital voodoo....

I worked with a local machinist to make a custom SM465 adapter plate. I was enamored with that process an can't help but think of all the cool things that can be done on a mill. Really wish I had a metal shop :) Goals.

Buy one Johnny.

The Bridgeport is one of the strangest things I’ve ever bought. I never thought I would use it as much as I do. It will open up so many opportunities for you to create your projects.

View attachment 1660940

I intend to, but not before this tool holding project needs to be done.

Would you be open to working together on a project? Not terribly involved, I promise, just milling a t-slot for a tool post mount.

hey guys seriously, i think i know whats going on, jonny is looking to find someone with a mill . Its not funny anymore and its frustrating. Who has one for sale. lets be adults about this please

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom