1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TLCA - Victoria

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by Jonathan_Ferguson, Aug 9, 2005.

1. Jonathan_Ferguson

Jonathan_Ferguson ★ is in the wrong locale SILVER Star

I've now been a Member for about three months, but there has yet to be a single activity on offer. :mad:

But before I go on any activity, I have to do thier Driver Training thing. Which would require I buy Camping equipment, and set it all up in the dark on a Friday evening, and organise all the other stuff prior for a two night thing. :flamingo:

Is this a common practice? - I realise that all should know the same Procedure for the use of a Snatch Strap, and such. But can't this be learnt as you go?

2. OZCAL

OZCAL

Fun with the snatch strap:

3. wob

wob

Ok, who hijacked Jonathan's handle? This post makes way too much sense! :flipoff2:

Sorry I can't help you with your question, though.

4. bad_religion_au

bad_religion_au

i didn't know the TLCA was active in australia...

but it makes perfect sense... make sure people know the recovery proceedures before going out... it's too easy for a couple of vehicles to get stuck, and the trip leader assumes people have the knowlege to use the equipment properly... at least if you've done the training course, most people should have a vague idea, and less stress is put on the trip leader to identify and supervise those that don't

don't buy camping gear, i'm sure you know someone that could lend it... and putting it up on the friday night, it's all part of the fun... get a swag you'll be done in 1 minute, a dome tent you'll be done in 3 minutes

if your looking for something to do... while not TLCA associated, check out www.3rdrock4x4.com

it's agood victorian club... and we'll make sure you test those new lockers :D