TLCA should I join? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently bought my very first foriegn vehicle, a 1971 FJ40. I looked into joining the TLCA, but found that there were no chapters around my area, or the surrounding states. I live in Philadelphia & it looks like the nearest chapter to my would be in Vermont. I guess I need to move to California or Texas...
But I heard that the bi monthly magazine would be worth the investment, even if I wasn't able to go on any of the gatherings.
Any thoughts? Or news of another northeast chapter happening?

I've been a member since 96 or so and have never been to a sanctioned event. Even if my club didn't require TLCA membership (it does) I'd still think it was worth it just for the Toyota Trails.

What about Gotham City Land Cruisers?

www.gclcny.com

Seems like Philly would be close enough. Most of the meetings are in Jersey, not that I've been to any of them...

thanks, I'll have to look into that, I looked at the TLCA main site and it said no chapters in PA or any of the surrounding area? I guess maybe becuase the site is still under construction, I couldn't find it.
Thanks, Shawn

You can contact the Eastern Individual Rep: Stew Hamilton,
513-943-9132, EasternRep@tlca.org

He can help you find others in your area. Maybe you could start your own TLCA chapter!

Oh, and it's definitely worth joining for the Toyota Trails magazine you get. (I might be a little biased, though. :D ) Here's a sample: http://www.tlca.org/trails/

Chris Hatfield
Ad Sales Manager, Toyota Trails/tlca.org

for a decade or so, i was a member while in illinois...closest chapter was west of the miss for a long time....so myself and a few cruiserheads that i met (ok, i stalked them) formed our own chapter.

trails was worth it alone!!! but it's also a great place to meet/hear about other cruiserheads. you'd be surprised how many of them are not on this board! definitely join.

Member from 1991 to now, nothing local for 10 years, made my first TLCA event 3 years ago...

ya shoulda seen Trails when it was photocopied....the glossy magazine quality piece it's become is a HUGE step, and the content is well worth it!

So... a 71 FJ40 is your first foreign vehicle?
Get you some metric wrenches and don't be surprised that the F engine in your truck looks like a "cast iron wonder" from a 62 Chevy pickup. ;)
Welcome to our cult!

Happy Trails! N

I'm an individual member who is a LONG way from another cruiser owner. The mag is defintiely worth the price. I also haven't been to an event yet. Maybe next year. (P.S. we need more fall events near me!)

P.P.S. soo ontario-labor day!!

There's the Capital Land Cruiser Club in D.C., too.

I just joined the TLCA and received my first TT. It's as cool as everyone says.

But aside from the magazine, you'll probably make back the 27 bucks after a year of buying parts from TLCA discounted vendors.

I just joined, thanks for all the responses. I signed up via their website, I wonder how long it will take to process? And exactly what happens next? I'd like to try and hook up with the Gotham City chapter, will I be assigned to a chapter? Or do I just show up at there next meeting? ;)

you'll get a welcome pack in a couple weeks...inside will be info on the org, some paperwork, and the current issue of Trails :D

I'd be curious to your TLCA# when it arrives....mine is 1548 :D

For the gotham crew, they have a club section here on 'MUD...not busy, but the guys there are mostly friendly :D (watch out for Junk :flipoff2: )

https://forum.ih8mud.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38

Do they still send the free "InfoPack"? I had requested it via the website some time ago and never got as much as an email...must have been while the web site was in transition???

Suppose I should just follow Dragon's lead and join!

with the website under transition, it may have been mis-routed somehow....

ya know yer gonna join....just get it over with... ;)

Of course you should just join;)
But, you can send a request for an info pack to infopack@tlca.org, or
membership@tlca.org.

You can join online at www.tlca.org-smooth!

SAS said:
Do they still send the free "InfoPack"? I had requested it via the website some time ago and never got as much as an email...must have been while the web site was in transition???

Suppose I should just follow Dragon's lead and join!

Green_Lantern said:
So... a 71 FJ40 is your first foreign vehicle?
Get you some metric wrenches and don't be surprised that the F engine in your truck looks like a "cast iron wonder" from a 62 Chevy pickup. ;)
Welcome to our cult!

Happy Trails! N

I thought I could just use vice grips? :D
Actually I'm a diesel mechanic/welder/fabricator for a living and own an extensive set of tools.
I'll be sure to post my member # as soon as I recieve it. I'm curious as well, I keep seeing all those ID #'s in the signitures.

woody said:
you'll get a welcome pack in a couple weeks...inside will be info on the org, some paperwork, and the current issue of Trails :D

I'd be curious to your TLCA# when it arrives....mine is 1548 :D

Yeah, but Ige still has a lower number :D

Romer said:
Yeah, but Ige still has a lower number :D

yeah, but I'm taller than her, so I'm OK with that... ;p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom