TLCA 'Rubithon Postponed' Drawing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
In case you have not heard, we have postponed Rubithon.  You can find out more info here:  
http://www.ih8mud.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=rides;action=display;num=1042133431

In support of this and to add some fun, I will have a drawing for a Rubithon T-shirt (and some assorted goodies) to the winner.

Must be registered IH8MUD user, Active TLCA Member by noting your number and post by June 18th, the original date for Rubithon.  Winner will have 5 working days to claim said prize by posting to the Winner post and PM'ing me.  
You must also note your personal view as to whether or not this was the right thing to do (no right or wrong, just your opinion).

(Hey, I'm getting better at this stuff)

Thanks everyone for your continued support and remember to renew your Dues and tell your friends!!

You're doin' good, Tony.
But then... what do I know?
Happy Trails! N

i dont know if you have been keeping up on the ih8mud comments section, but the tlca group and i are the only ones who can view this forum.....

-Max

Me too. Can't be forgettin' old Gumby.

I'm thinking we can move this and the pencil winners over to Chit Chat.

Wadda think, Kid?

OK. Now that's it's moved, I too will lead by example.

I would like to enter the drawing for the free t-shirt. Being that I can't even win a pencil, odds are I'll get a Rubicon T-shirt when i finally drive the 3000 miles to attend the event myself. :D

Because it is part of the requirement:
I have no opinion on the trail issue because i have never seen it, however i guess my question is is it a managed trail? Is there an "expert" on site that would open and close the trail based on professional opinion? If so, then are we are talking about the TLCA risking scheduling an event that might get cancelled when everbody shows up? Or we knowing more than the people who get paid to mind the trail?

If not, and it's the opinion of those who know the trail best saying you shouldn't hold a run there, then OK, I can see that. Just keep in mind as you plan to postpone that there are many people like me who would like to go to Rubithon, as the only TLCA sponsered event, who take serious vacations to drive a long way to go and the decision whould not be taken lightly by those who live close.

As I'm sure it isn't.

TLCA # 5658

I'm in.  #12162

EDIT: Oops. Got so excited about a drawing, I didn't finish reading the whole thing. I think, from what it sounds like, the right thing was done in post-poning the event. If that many rigs went up into a wet, muddy area, the place could be totally wrecked. We have to remember that if we don't respect our trails, they most likely won't be there for us very long... There is a trail around here that they are trying to close down because there is too much ATV use on it. There are trails running off the main trail every which way and short cuts everywhere. Really is kinda sad. The main trail is awesome though. I would hate to see it closed... Maybe it just needs to be adopted by some group that could "fix" it up...

Count me in, TLCA # 6433
Rubithon 2003, confirmed on Run #4, see you in August. :D

Good call Tony. It was inevitable, I was pleasantly surprised to see the annoucment so soon. Privately, I knew it would be postponed or at least "modified" to avoid the Tahoe side. Making the annoucement early lets everyone get on with adjusting their plans. Kudos for stepping up and making the call.

For those that don't know, the standard dates are always a bit risky but typically provide TLCA with a more challenging, early season run, on a fresh trail. Unfortunately, this year unusual weather conspired against us. I knew we were in trouble when I heard the Tahoe Ski Resorts opened for Memorial Day with a 6-foot base! The August run might be a bit easier but at least the swimming holes will be warmer. :D

Looks like this year's cruiser hat trick will be Rubithon, Pig Run and the 45 Run. Better clear the calendar for whole month.

Cheers,

Count me in for the drawing. # is in sig line.

You did the right thing postponing. As I recall, you were right on in stating that you are leading by example!

Any chance of getting a replacement TLCA bumper sticker? I'm going to loose mine. See rearend accident post in 80's secdtion.

:D Gives me more time to get mine ready!!!! :D

I'm in !!!

Fully support your decision and fortitude to do so.

Kevin Schulte
TLCA #11517

thanks tony TLCA ### 5626

I'm in, 9280.

And all I have to say is, dude, you're messing up the Pig Run dates...

:-/

TJK

Tony,

Thanks for the call on the Rubicon. I haven't been there yet, but I'm very sympathetic to the trail issues and politics. WA is just as bad, if not worse.

Anyway, here's my entry...

TLCA # 10644

Genius!

Garth, TLCA #11823

I agree with you Tony. I know most of the TLCA members respect the trail. I also know you sent a scout in the Tahoe side to help you make the call. I think it is a good call your team made. It may be good to contact some Media and let them know it was postponed. Proper wording could show that we care about the environment to the public.

Now we all need to hope they don't stack rocks on all the obsticles. Not to mention properly doing there bathroom buisness in the woods. Your article on that in the PMC newletter was great! I still have it here somewhere. I think it would be a good idea to print it in TT

OK enough of my ramblings

Definitely the right thing to do! ;)