TLCA Meeting or Superbowl (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Jan 26th, attend TLCA meeting or Superbowl??

Steve Hunt identified a potential problem with the scheduled Jan 26th meeting.... and Superbowl!!  Oh no, this won't due!

While this meeting is important and technically, no sporting event should preclude the association from doing business, I have noted that per our by laws, three officers could call a special meeting to address important meeting items which need Board disposition, sssayyyyy  Monday; and with such a special meeting planned, I would cancel the meeting on the 26th for potential lack of a quorum and save the money.

update: 1/23 This meeting will be cancelled at 5:05 on the 26th. You can call in if you want but due to the special meeting on Monday, I am requesting that you save TLCA the dime and simply wait till Monday. I will post special meeting info on Bodreps first and then here for FYI. TRT2 1/23

Just thought I would post here about it for information.  Hey, I think I'll make a poll...   TLCA meeting or superbowl?  The meeting will be cancelled and moved to a special meeting, just curious about thoughts and conducting a poll.

Many thanks!

We are throwing a Superbowl party...hottub at 2pm, party afterwards....I won't be pretty by meeting time....

Monday doesn't work for me either (volleyball game), but since I'm pathetic and have yet to make even one, I wouldn't sweat it....

Oh, and anyone who reads this and wants to come to the party, you are more than welcome to show.... :D

Woody I would have to have a lot more info on who else is gonna be in the hot tub to make that invite appealling.
Butch :D

Let me put it this way...it's a similar crew as we had last Friday night skiing....6 person hottub at the chalet, 15 in there at 3am. The heaviest gal probably topped 125 soakin' wet....

any questions?!? :D

(I have pics, but I don't want to pollute the technical content of the site...nor do I want my ass kicked by any of the individuals who may be portrayed in a less-than-glamourous way....) :D

I probably should have started another post about this but I decided to keep it here because it involves the scheduled 26th meeting and superbowl.

Please understand, this was my first major error as President, creating a list of scheduled meetings that did not think about Superbowl and more importantly, Toyota Trails cutoff dates.

Scheduling our first meeting, one I view as extremely important, on Superbowl Sunday was a huge mistake. There is no way outta this for me without upsetting someone. Either someone is upset for me cancelling the meeting or someone is upset at me for conducting it during superbowl.

Please accept my apology. While you personally may not care, I assure you there are others who do.

Next, scheduling meetings that do not work with Toyota Trails cutoff dates was a mistake. I want to convey meeting info in the President's column and need meetings to happen before the cutoff date for my submission to Trails. Ugh.

I am going to review the meeting dates I set and probably re-schedule all that I can (any outside the 30 day window).
For this I apologize also, hate to have to reschedule.

but remember, no one sent me to the 'How to be a good President' course. No one sent me to the 'How to be a good Dad' class either ... but I am going to do my best and stumble through both of them.

Any how, if this meeting/superbowl scenario has upset or bothered you, I'm sorry and I guarantee, I will not ever schedule any event on Superbowl Sunday. Period.

Many thanks for your patience and understanding.

I probably should have started another post about this but I decided to keep it here because it involves the scheduled 26th meeting and superbowl.

Please understand, this was my first major error as President, creating a list of scheduled meetings that did not think about Superbowl and more importantly, Toyota Trails cutoff dates.

Scheduling our first meeting, one I view as extremely important, on Superbowl Sunday was a huge mistake.  There is no way outta this for me without upsetting someone.  Either someone is upset for me cancelling the meeting or someone is upset at me for conducting it during superbowl.

Please accept my apology.  While you personally may not care, I assure you there are others who do.

Next, scheduling meetings that do not work with Toyota Trails cutoff dates was a mistake.  I want to convey meeting info in the President's column and need meetings to happen before the cutoff date for my submission to Trails.  Ugh.

I am going to review the meeting dates I set and probably re-schedule all that I can (any outside the 30 day window).
For this I apologize also, hate to have to reschedule.

but remember, no one sent me to the 'How to be a good President' course.  No one sent me to the 'How to be a good Dad' class either ... but I am going to do my best and stumble through both of them.  

Any how, if this meeting/superbowl scenario has upset or bothered you, I'm sorry and I guarantee, I will not ever schedule any event on Superbowl Sunday.  Period.

Many thanks for your patience and understanding.

I can't believe that you did this!!!
I mean really, Come awn..
Does this mean you aren't perfect????

:eek:

:D

Approved minutes from Jan 27th meeting...

II. CALL SPECIAL MEETING TO ORDER-
IV. President’s Report – Tony Twiddy
Welcome and thanks for your continued effort.

Call for volunteers: Committees, TT Index, Rubithon

President’s effort of recent – talk the talk, walk the walk

Group renewal Committee

Toyota Trails index volunteers needed

Karr Accord Membership transition duties still pending

Check to Karr went out late, apologies to Karr

Contacted Jacki informed of no provision of a PC

Great Lakes Land Cruisers, ongoing issues towards reconciliation

V. EVP Report – Eric Vogt
EVP Report for January 26, 2003 TLCA BOD meeting

Motion to approve Sanctioned TLCA Event Razorback Ramble for June 2003

Motion to approve Cascade Cruisers Cruising the Woods Open TLCA event for Sept 27th 2003

David Gibbs Second

Discussion- No discussion

Aie’s Have it.

VI. AVP Report – Nick Stone
Bylaw changes

Will be presented in New Business

Proposal 1 (to be voted on Jan 26th) This language allows the

presiding officer discretion in expelling a disruptive member.

"Speakers participating in meetings will always treat each other

with courtesy and respect. Disrespectful comments toward a person may

be declared out of order by the presiding officer. The speaker may be

barred from the meeting at the presiding officer's discretion."

Proposal 2 (to be presented Jan 26?) This language removes a

disruptive member with a motion, second, and vote from the Board.

"Speakers participating in meetings will always treat each other with

courtesy and respect. Disrespectful comments toward a person may be

declared out of order by the presiding officer. Further disrespectful

behavior may result in a vote of the BOD to remove the speaker from the

meeting."

TLCA Admin Report – Jacki Miller
Active members: 3247.
New members: 30+ new member apps to process
Renewals: 100+ renewals to be processed

Unfinished Business:

Vote in Goals for 2003
1) Rebuild the bridges of friendship, trust, cooperation and understanding
within the Board to provide a solid foundation for the association to
recover and begin a sustained period of growth.

2) By the end of 2003, have membership numbers back to prior highs of 4300
members and have processes in place (such as renewal process) which will
nurture a sustained period of growth.

Motion that we the voting board of TLCA to accept these goals for 2003

Seconded David Gibbs

Aie’s have it Goals passed

Focus membership, Toyota Trails, Events and a state of recovery.

By Laws Vote

3. Proposed Bylaw Changes

Play Nice Motion.
b. Ability to bar disruptive person from meeting per Nick Stone.

Proposal 1 This language removes a

disruptive member with a motion, second, and vote from the Board.

"Speakers participating in meetings will always treat each other with

courtesy and respect. Disrespectful comments toward a person may be

declared out of order by the presiding officer. Further disrespectful

behavior may result in a vote of the BOD to remove the speaker from the

meeting."

Jeff Zepp- Motion to table Bylaw change #3 so Delegates may return to their associated clubs and this can be brought back up at the Feb meeting

Second. David Gibbs

Discussion-

Aie’s Have it Table Motion #3 till Feb Meeting.

Discussion on when bylaw change takes effect.
Bylaw changes take place at next meeting.

2. TLCA Employees (either contractor or directly) cannot be BOD
Delegates or otherwise have a vote in TLCA matters.
(The intent is to prevent the obvious conflicts of interest
which may arise should a contract employee also be,
for example, a Delegate).

Vote for #1 and #2

TLCA BOD Members must be TLCA Members in good standing.
Aie’s Have it.
Aie’s Have it.

25 voting one abstain

Florida Cruisers, someone needs to enforce these rules and enforce

Secretary will provide info to Jacki between meetings regarding members in good standing

New Business

A. Present alternative by laws (Ref AVP report)

Review and Approve two new chapters: LSLC –Austin and LSCL – Houston
Alan Loshbaugh

Motion to approve Lone Star Land Cruisers- Austin

Hunter Arend Guest attending

Motion to approve Texas Land Cruiser Club - Houston

Frank McKinnis guest attending

Second Chauncy Hood

Motion Aie’s Have it

New Business- David Gibbs-

Final bill from Karr Accord did not include phone bill asking for an additional $96.25

Motion to pay Karr $96.25 as presented in a fax to David Upcoming

Aie’s have it,

Reminder of next TLCA Meeting is February 23rd,

David Gibbs -Motion to approve the1/12/2003 minutes as dispatched. And amended

Eric V second

Aie’s have it.

ADJOURN -