TLCA Dash Plaques: Problem Solved (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Guys,

You know how we were discussing what to do about the dash plaque situation? Well, I finally tracked down a company to change them for us. Whatcha think?

Before & After shots:
TLCA Dash Plaques.JPG
new dashplaque.JPG

Or, better yet

Something kinda like this
friendship.JPG

What about taking it to the next level and having a picture of the world instead of any flag at all...

gb

Sure, this works

Stayed with flags 'cause didn't want to change it too much. Something like this?
newtlcawithearth.JPG

Ratpuke said:
Stayed with flags 'cause didn't want to change it too much. Something like this?

That is the idea, yes. The picture is not quite right. Dunno what it is, but on the positive it balances the plaque. Anything except a countries flag. The TLCA is supposed to be an international association, is it not?

Oh...and no road kill allowed on the plaque either :D

gb

My personal opinion is that dash plaques suck ;p and the TLCA should take the money they spend on these things and add a few more colour pages of cool cruiser pictures into the toyota trails!

Looks good to me. Glad to see I wasn't the only one slightly dissapointed by this year's plaque...

Charla, I have to ask - is that the Oscar Mayer Weiner-mobile in your avatar?!

My Avatar

Close, but no... It's all but the latest in wonderful mods to "Agent Orange" the BJ42 :flipoff2:

Think Austin Mini converted to an Orange for the Outspan juice company in the UK. I saw it at the Beaulieu Motor Museum a couple years ago. Neat museum.
orange2.jpg

:)

Couldn't resist...
haha.JPG

I don't know, looks sort of red, oval, and more like a conehead than anything to me :D

That's just your reflection in your monitor, dummy. ;p

Hmmm, the weiner-mobile seems to be a bit more substantial...
wiener.jpg

Apologies...

This is a cut and paste from a thread in tlca discussion. I had no idea this had happened, and I'm so sorry. Please read the following snip:

Uhhh...this is gonna sound pretty lame probably...but I'm not a dash plaque guy, and haven't seen one in probably 6 years. I opt for the stickers. Poor excuse, but it's all I have. I was not Pres when those were made, but apologise whole heartedly to anyone who was offended, and would be glad to send a sticker to replace your dash plaques if that would be acceptable?

We are working on next years dash plaques right now so this is timely, thanks for bringing it up. It is not in the plan to include any flags. Next year is TLCA's 30th Anniversary, so we're working on designs to reflect that. Minus any flags.

Though I was not involved in the design of the current dash plaues, I feel pretty comfortable saying there was no agenda behind them, that that we at TLCA feel badly about not having considered our International Members feelings more carefully.

Thanks for bringing this up. If people don't voice their opinions, we don't know when there's problems to fix. Please do let me know if TLCA stickers are something that would be an appealing substitute for our flawed dash plaque effort, and we'll do better next time.

Chef

Spotted in UK couple years ago...

bj70_guy said:
Hmmm, the weiner-mobile seems to be a bit more substantial...

Found a new ride for you Norm:
Bug%20back.jpg
IMG_0489.jpg

Chef said:
This is a cut and paste from a thread in tlca discussion... Chef

Thought it was a bit of an oversight. The TLCA simply needs to think more globally in a variety of ways... the dash plaque is just one area...

Chef said:
Ratpuke: you've gone mad with your photshop skills;)

Fixed it for ya! :D

"Skills" Bwahahahahaha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom