TLC 140 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
If you haven’t seen this yet you’ve got to check it out:

Awesome to see a 60 getting this kind of attention and I hope TLC brings some of the components they’ve created for this project to the market.

Cheers!
-Ed

:clap:Very cool project. Lots of time and effort went into this 140. Nothing like having an open checkbook to get this done!!

Merging a 60 body onto an 80 chassis is an awesome concept along with the V8 swap.

However this is the first TLC / ICON finished product that I feel departs from the brand's typically refined and understated qualities. Cosmetically speaking, this is simply garish on several levels.

Prior builds have been well executed and tasteful. And I even copied several ICON 40 series design themes into my own FJ40 restoration.

But compare the CNC trim designs on the Land Rover Defenfer, Bronco, or Thriftmaster projects. All the CNC trim designs on this 60 are anything but tasteful and understated. Instead the end design is chunky and tacked-on appearing which draws even more attention to it. The side marker lights are the sole exception.

The interior and paint schemes? Like a bad episode of Discovery Channel's Orange County Choppers, the Hudson Bay Co. Blanket theme build is just tacky in its execution.

And while I understand he wants to design his own parts, any combination of ARB or 4Plus front bumper and TrailTailor or 4Plus rear bumper would have looked much better.

This doesn't seem to fit with the designs and products he's previously brought to market.

Last edited:
It's probably customer request...Ward can't do anything about
the customer's taste.

I'm also pretty sure that this 140 and many 142s that he has
done for Youtube videos is more than a couple years old.

RE: Hudson Bay Blanket theme....yeah, shouldn't really attempt
that unless it's on an off-white base.

IMG_6731.JPG

But with 80 innards, it has to be the most capable 60 on
the planet.

Last edited:
Merging a 60 body onto an 80 chassis is an awesome concept along with the V8 swap.

However this is the first TLC / ICON finished product that I feel departs from the brand's typically refined and understated qualities. Cosmetically speaking, this is simply garish on several levels.

Prior builds have been well executed and tasteful. And I even copied several ICON 40 series design themes into my own FJ40 restoration.

But compare the CNC trim designs on the Land Rover Defenfer, Bronco, or Thriftmaster projects. All the CNC trim designs on this 60 are anything but tasteful and understated. Instead the end design is chunky and tacked-on appearing which draws even more attention to it. The side marker lights are the sole exception.

The interior and paint schemes? Like a bad episode of Discovery Channel's Orange County Choppers, the Hudson Bay Co. Blanket theme build is just tacky in its execution.

And while I understand he wants to design his own parts, any combination of ARB or 4Plus front bumper and TrailTailor or 4Plus rear bumper would have looked much better.

This doesn't seem to fit with the designs and products he's previously brought to market.

The Hudson Bay colors are awful, probably the worst colors to put together. The owner must have wanted a Hudson Bay 60 to go with his Tommy Hilfiger 40. What's even worse is the scheme is carried over to the seats. I'm sure the owner was happy with it though.

I emailed them a few years back and I wanna say the sticker price was around 175k... If it had a 4.7 toyota v8 it would be the cats meow

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom