TJM T3 Classique and winch size

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

From their site...

TJM Products bull bars will accept only low mount winches. Winches with an integrated solenoid will not fit within the bumper channel.
Most steel bull bars are designed to have a winch fitted directly to the bull bar, and do not require winch frames. The steel bull bars that do require winch frames are called "recessed roller" bars. This type of bull bar is a special design required for airbag compatibility on some vehicles.
All Aluminum bull bars require a steel winch frame to support a winch.
All winch capable bull bars fit up to a 9000 lb low mount Warn or Ramsey electric winch. Some bull bars such as the Ford Super Duty bull bar can accept a larger winch. Call your TJM Distributor to inquire if a larger winch will fit in the desired bull bar.

I believe Spressomon posted up about this a few weeks back. It was either here or the Outfitting section. I think he said that 9.5K Warn may fit. Better search to confirm this though, not 100% sure.

Warn 12k

24.37" L. x 8.45" D. x 11" H. (619mm L. x 214.63mm D. x 279mm H.)
Mounting Bolt Pattern: 10.0" x 4.5" (254mm x 114.3mm)

Warn 9K XD

21.8" L. x 6.3" D. x 7.6" H. (555mm L. x 160mm D. x 193mm H.)
Mounting Bolt Pattern: 10.0" x 4.5" (254mm x 114.3mm)

I want to stuff the 12K winch in the TJM, but do not have the first clue on what to measure? Any insight?

I ordered a 9.5XP and TJM winch mount kit...as far as I could determine the 9.5XP was the largest winch that would fit (will need to relocate the solenoid into the engine bay) and wouldn't stress the bumper and/or winch mounting plate too much. It is supposed to arrive later this week...but I won't have time to install until next week...I will post up as soon as I know something more about the fitment.

One other add...from what I gathered by talking to Warn (FWIW) the 9.5XP is probably underrated for total duty cycle.

The Warn 9.5 xp will fit in the TJM Classique, I just did it. Karl Malone Toyota in Albuquerque installed it.

chaz

chaz said:
The Warn 9.5 xp will fit in the TJM Classique, I just did it. Karl Malone Toyota in Albuquerque installed it.

chaz

Good information! Did the solenoid fit behind the bumper or did you relocate it?

Thanks!

It's inside the bumper, see attached winch.jpg
winch.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom