TJM T17 Bumper is coming Back! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm going to be picking one of these up as well as the winch plate and a 9500lb winch. Couple quick questions. How much does this bumper weigh? Does the BumperSuperstore deliver to residential areas? Seem to be some conflicting info there. Wondering if i should just drive up to Montrose and pick it up.

View attachment 2292634

Thank you! They are Trail Tailor tow points.They are awesome! I used new 10.9 zinc plated 14mm x 1.5mm x 70mm bolts. 70mm was more than enough length to go through the new tow points, winch plate, and bumper mounts

Metric hex bolts, Zinc plated class 10.9 steel, 14mm x 1.5mm x 70mm

What length bolts to you use for the bumper in addition to the TT recovery points?

What length bolts to you use for the bumper in addition to the TT recovery points?

I went with 70mm long bolts to go through the Trail Tailor recovery points, winch plate, and bumper mounts. I possibly could have gone a bit a shorter but these seemed to work well. I bought them from bolt depot.

I'm going to be picking one of these up as well as the winch plate and a 9500lb winch. Couple quick questions. How much does this bumper weigh? Does the BumperSuperstore deliver to residential areas? Seem to be some conflicting info there. Wondering if i should just drive up to Montrose and pick it up.

I should have weighed the bumper but it’s not a whole lot. I installed and uninstalled the bumper several times by myself. I’m running the bumper, winch plate, and 10k winch on stock Ahc and torsion bars and I’m within ahc specs. Bumper Superstore delivered the bumper into my residential garage. They contract a local freight company to do the delivery.

I should have weighed the bumper but it’s not a whole lot. I installed and uninstalled the bumper several times by myself. I’m running the bumper, winch plate, and 10k winch on stock Ahc and torsion bars and I’m within ahc specs. Bumper Superstore delivered the bumper into my residential garage. They contract a local freight company to do the delivery.
Awesome, Thanks.

I believe the bumper weighs 74lbs. That weight is distributed enough horizontally that I was able to install it myself. Definitely not the behemoth that the ARB bumper is.

I believe the bumper weighs 74lbs. That weight is distributed enough horizontally that I was able to install it myself. Definitely not the behemoth that the ARB bumper is.
Thanks, just pulled the trigger and picked up a gen 3 XRC winch.

Hey guys. Just wanted to see if I can get some info on evening the bumper out. I have pics oh the bumper partially installed.

6C354499-25F6-42D6-932A-161B1D1C14FC.jpeg

3BFF58E8-B2A7-4F7C-ADCF-F6CA975D5930.jpeg

With a little experience I used spacers to maintain spacing on the wings under the fender next to the wheel well then wedge the bumper up to level on the front. When in position insert the 4 big bolts and tighten either side as required to get it centred. Cna also add spacers but I just tightened the **** out of it. On the LC it fits nice, my 06 LX it sits forward a bit more but still works...
IMG_8127 2.jpeg
EB092EFE-7AF4-4497-A129-F188BC9F8042.jpeg

I have a 2001 LC with the "smaller" grille and installed the TJM bumper this weekend. I haven't drilled the 10mm holes yet to lock it place and I was wondering if anyone has trimmed the tabs under the grille spacer to tuck the bumper in tighter. Right now it sits right on the tabs and I'm concerned about it rubbing the paint, both on the bumper and the spacer. If I lower below the tabs there is a huge gap that looks horrible. It looks good on the wing alignment on both sides. I

ordered mine in March and it took until July 8th to arrive, just about 5 months.... Apparently they were backordered for awhile due to the situation with the pandemic.

Got it all buttoned up. Just gotta do the wiring for the lp6’s. This bumper is light but very sturdy. Can’t wait to try this on the trails.
I ordered this in January buT canceled cause it was just taking to long. Found out slee had them in stock, I ordered it from them and took only a week for it to be delivered.

AF53F21D-6103-47CA-A599-B9D3A59B7B2B.jpeg

I received mine from bumpersuperstore after about a month. I believe they have them back in stock now though, so times should be shorter.
Kind of interesting they went from 750
To 950.

TJM reminds me of the hot girl who ignores your calls 'til her boyfriend dumps her. A couple years ago, trying to get any info on their bumpers for the 100 was just about impossible. Some shops had a few of their ARB/Ironman copycat bumpers, but no one knew if and when they could get their hands on the T17 (or whatever they called it then).

Since then, a handful of highly-skilled fabricators have emerged in the 100/'mud community - creating amazing products developed for, not adapted to our 100s - bumpers, sliders, racks, grilles, drawers... Give a lot of thought to where you send your money. The more we support these guys, the more 100-specific product development we’re likely to see.

DSC_0171.jpg
still have this bumper? still pleased with it? does it have a model or style #? Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom