TJM Questions for 2016 (accessory harnesses) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

40Man

SILVER Star
Threads
I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on the newer TJM with built in washer slots.

"Optional" accessories include a pinchweld kit (rubber strip to fill gaps), plug and play wiring loom, and headlight washer plumbing kit.

Are some or all of these advised or necessary to make everything work? Does the bumper not already come with the rubber strips?

Just want to make sure I order all the necessary items before pulling the trigger. TIA!

I have the TJM T13 on my '16.

I highly recommend the pinch weld kit (rubber edge trim) and the plug and play wiring harness.

The pinchweld covers the gap between bumper and body and the wire harness makes the install very straightforward with no wire splicing.

The stock headlight washers went in without modifications (well, the nozzles need to be re-aimed, but that doesn't require a kit). I don't know what that kit would do?

I have the TJM T13 on my '16.

I highly recommend the pinch weld kit (rubber edge trim) and the plug and play wiring harness.

The pinchweld covers the gap between bumper and body and the wire harness makes the install very straightforward with no wire splicing.

The stock headlight washers went in without modifications (well, the nozzles need to be re-aimed, but that doesn't require a kit). I don't know what that kit would do?
Awesome, exactly what I was looking for, thanks!

I think I used the tjm washers (did not reuse originals). I wired the led fogs directly in as they were in stock config and did not use relay with switch. No blown fuses so far. I actually haven’t done anything with the turn signals in the bumper yet but I’m not sure there is a way to get them connected without splicing. This on a 2014, but would assume it’s the same.

The TJM harness plugs into the factory loom and gives you marker lights and turn signals. No splicing.

I ran the TJM fogs wired into the factory harness for a short while, but then swapped them for the factory fogs. The TJM fogs were low quality, relative to stock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom