TJM IBS Dual Battery System (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Noticed this on a website and did a quick search- no matches. Has anyone looked at this product or have it installed in thier 80? I'm looking at a dual batt system. How much have others spent on doing thier installations? Looks promising, but kind of pricey. :eek:

Taken from: http://www.4by4connection.com/tjmibsdubasy.html

A versatile unit suitable for many applications, but highly reccomended when you wish to connect 2 batteries in parallel to double the reserve capacity for high current draw applications such as: Electric Winches, Jump Starting, 240V Converters, and running many electrical accessories. Generally used with "STARTER" type batteries the IBS System requires heavy duty battery cables connecting both batteries via the solenoid.

Features:

Cabin Mounted Control Unit
L.E.D. display of Charging Voltage
L.E.D. display of Main Battery Voltage
L.E.D. display of Auxiliary Battery Voltage
Manual override switch to activate solenoid when batteries are required in parallel
Swiss made quality and technology

The TJM IBS Management System uses state-of-the-art voltage sensing electronics to control a heavy duty solenoid that links batteries for charging and discharging when the engine is running, but automatically isolates the batteries when the engine is stopped.

No information on that, but for the same price, you could get a hellroaring unit and a brand new Optima... ;)

I believe a forum member, rgsiii, has the TJM system.

Give him a PM. He's a real nice guy and I'm sure would be happy to answer your questions about the system.

best.
-onur

That's a lot of money for a solenoid! If you're going to go solenoid, you might consider Painless or Wrangler Northwest for pre-fab simplicity. If you're going to go solid-state, POWER-GATE has no moving parts and less than 20 micro-ohms of resistance, so you might consider the solid-state options available to you.

Last edited:
Thanks- I'll check out your leads before i decide.

mobi-arc said:
That's a lot of money for a solenoid! If you're going to go solenoid, you might consider Painless or Wrangler Northwest for pre-fab simplicity. If you're going to go solid-state, POWER-GATE has no moving parts and less than 20 micro-ohms of resistance, so you might consider the solid-state options available to you.

Haven't heard but when will Power-Gate be available...two weeks? :)

re_guderian said:
No information on that, but for the same price, you could get a hellroaring unit and a brand new Optima... ;)

This is what I was thinking too.

The other is way too much money for what you get.

Reviving this tread rather than starting a new one. Getting ready to install this system in my 80 and noticed the plug on my controller doesn't match the plug on the wiring harness. No other plug in the kit. Not a huge deal if I have to splice in a new plug, but more curious if I'm missing something. Anyone else have this system? Same issue?

Also, here's what I'm thinking for mounting the controller in the cab. Any better ideas?

IMG_0449.JPG

IMG_0451.JPG

IMG_0452.JPG

IMG_0453.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom