TJM Bumper - What Winch Fits? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cstav86

SILVER Star
Threads
I have what I believe is a TJM aluminum bumper that came on my 60 when I purchased it. It has cutouts for a winch and I was wondering if anyone has any idea what winch fits in that bumper. Thanks in advance!
Curtis
Image (1).jpeg

Image.jpeg

Hi Curtis,
Looks like we have the same bull bar bumper!
When I got mine (used, and many years ago....) it had an ECB (East Coast Bullbars) Australia sticker on the back, inside. I did contact them, then, and they thought out might have been a very early model.
The winch cutouts are just that, the intention is only to access the winch through the bumper, not mount to the bumper. I got an ex army HMMV NOS hydraulic milemarker (10,500 lb) winch, a milemarker winch mount tray for a jeep (had to cut and trim a little bit) and mounted (bolted) the tray to the frame rails and front frame crossmember of the 60. The fairlead is inside the bumper, on the tray, and as you can see, the license plate hides everything! The top bumper cutout in perfect for accessing the winch gearbox hi/low speed controls.
Great bumper, suits the 60 perfectly!
Ross

image.jpeg

Hi Curtis,
Looks like we have the same bull bar bumper!
When I got mine (used, and many years ago....) it had an ECB (East Coast Bullbars) Australia sticker on the back, inside. I did contact them, then, and they thought out might have been a very early model.
The winch cutouts are just that, the intention is only to access the winch through the bumper, not mount to the bumper. I got an ex army HMMV NOS hydraulic milemarker (10,500 lb) winch, a milemarker winch mount tray for a jeep (had to cut and trim a little bit) and mounted (bolted) the tray to the frame rails and front frame crossmember of the 60. The fairlead is inside the bumper, on the tray, and as you can see, the license plate hides everything! The top bumper cutout in perfect for accessing the winch gearbox hi/low speed controls.
Great bumper, suits the 60 perfectly!
Ross

View attachment 2284024

@roalco very helpful, thank you! And makes sense it’s not meant to mount in the bumper as it is only aluminum.

I have to admit I did a few mods to enlarge the winch holes... But it's aly, and cuts and drills easy. Took a couple of pics for you. If you need more pics on the steel winch tray mounting, just ask.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

And btw, despite what some bumper manufacturers may say, it's always better to do a full strength frame mount for a winch than to depend on simple bumper mounts... Weakest link, weakest link.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom