TJM aluminum bumper turn signals (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Redgrrr

I have a problem with 40s
Threads
Website
dakotacruisers.com
Is this bumper for A 100 series :confused:I have it on my T-100. I got it used and cut it up a little to make it fit. do any of you know where I can source the proper turn signal inserts to replace my cheeeeezy LED blinkers. I put them on temporarily so it was safe to drive till I ran across them, I'm tired of looking at them and temporarily was a year ago:doh:, Please help any info you all could shoot me would be awesome!
IMAG0198.jpg

So I don't know much about the model numbers of these bumpers and with a google image search of the the T15 TJM bumper I come up with several different bumpers which probrally pertain to different years of manufacturing. So I must thank both of you for your replies cause it did get me a little closer to an answer. It looks like TJM Uses these locations for the re-use of the factory fog lights, however the T-100 has it's blinkers mounted in the factory bumper and the running lights are next to the headlights. I already wanted to use the marker lights for blinkers but you can't see them very well from the front.

I have walked a few junk yards looking for any make of factory turn signals for this opening and they all look awkward, Should I just weld in a new piece of aluminum, sand and polish for a new surface and cut out a new hole for those rectangular semi truck blinkers? I have mulled out most of my ideas in the last year and am looking for a new concept. Throw me some suggestions please! iv'e burned out any creative solutions!

One other thought, can I slip a yellow bulb in the factory fog lamp? I am definitely a novice when it comes to electrical things on a vehicle as you can tell from my previous electrical mod:lol:

I think it is a T1. AFAIK, there is no TJM dealer in the US. But you can try contacting Slee as they might have some leftover inventory.

Good luck with finding the turn signals. I have been looking for a couple months now. Christo (Slee) still has some TJM parts that are leftover inventory from when he was a TJM dealer so you might want to check with him. We need to get a good contact from Australia who can source these parts. For reference, here are the turn signal openings on my T15:

IMG_20110411_160555.jpg

Is this bumper for A 100 series :confused:I have it on my T-100. I got it used and cut it up a little to make it fit. do any of you know where I can source the proper turn signal inserts to replace my cheeeeezy LED blinkers. I put them on temporarily so it was safe to drive till I ran across them, I'm tired of looking at them and temporarily was a year ago:doh:, Please help any info you all could shoot me would be awesome!

Definitely NOT a T15. Looks like it's for a UZJ-100/105 though. Why? Because those funky shaped holes look like they might be for UZJ-100 FOG LIGHTS...

447eca93044a8135f8f6f35ec27e59a4.image.200x150.JPG
caea57523e9fa32c1463ba10c3b9f1c2.image.200x150.JPG

OK, seeing that, the corners are too rounded at the top near the center and the light looks much longer. However, it appears to be a FOG light and not a blinker.

On the T-15, Paul, if I were you I would consider going custom. Get some scrap 1/8" thick steel and get someone to weld up the turn signal and T-holes you have now.

Get some LED turn signals from a truck stop (or here - led truck lights, led trailer lights, led boat trailer lights, trailer lights ) and install into the bumper. Get some 2.5" or 3" SCH-40 pipe and make some round fog light sockets w/ custom mounts. Call it done.

CIMG3386.jpg

TJM.jpg

CIMG3800.jpg

0afac09a.jpg

CIMG3804.jpg

CIMG3801.jpg

Thats the one! Those fog lamps fit really nice can I just put an amber light in place of the fog light bulb? the wiring is all set up for a blinker so that won'tbe an issue. Is the fog light on the lexus the same as a 100 series or do i need to get 470 fog lamps I assume they are the same. Gonna call a few salvage yards now that I know what I'm looking for to see if I can locate any. Thanks for all the suggestions!

Bamachem if I can't make it work with the easy factory parts it looks like I'm gonna go the route you suggested, It's pollished aluminum though and I've never welded aluminum and don't have acces to equipment.:wrench: So it's the easy route first! Thanks again for all the input!:cheers:

That is NOT an OEM fog in that pic!

Looks like it's a combination Fog/Blinker when you look close as the reflector is segregated. You really need to send a pic to TJM in Australia and see if they can help you.

Guess i didn't read all the posts here... bamachem suggested similar things i was suggesting above already... anyway i'll keep my info up anyway with a different link v

Something off here may work too:
Super Bright LEDs – Clearance, Marker and Tail Lights for Trucks

Take measurements are see if anything fits the holes in the bumper.

If you want the TJM part that fits you'd need to email them in australia and i'm sure they will be a couple hundred bucks by the time you get them shipped into the country. I'd try to find a LED that fits and roll w that.

Last edited:
bamachem said:
That is NOT an OEM fog in that pic!

Looks like it's a combination Fog/Blinker when you look close as the reflector is segregated. You really need to send a pic to TJM in Australia and see if they can help you.

It is... LX have blinker/fog in same housing.

On the T-15, Paul, if I were you I would consider going custom. Get some scrap 1/8" thick steel and get someone to weld up the turn signal and T-holes you have now.

Get some LED turn signals from a truck stop (or here - led truck lights, led trailer lights, led boat trailer lights, trailer lights ) and install into the bumper. Get some 2.5" or 3" SCH-40 pipe and make some round fog light sockets w/ custom mounts. Call it done.

Why didn't I think of this for the T3:bang:

Im tired of those POS oem fog lights! Next upgrade is what you mentioned! Except, instead of turn signals, I'll mount four round fog lights with HID's in them! Thanks bamachem:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom