Title/registration What is an FJ40? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

body=up that's a lot better than body down, rubber up
You're stirring up bad memories...
Capture.JPG

Up here in BC, Canada they label em as 2DrHt.

Two door Hard Top.

Don't quite know what they think when I remove the top. They only seem to get touchy about no doors.

My Pennsylvania title classifies my 40 as a station wagon. The PO was from Colorado. I'll check out the old title and see what the classification was when it was titled there.
The Colorado title listed the body type as a UP. I have no idea what that designation is though.:hmm:

What year is your 40? NC only requires emmisions on 85 or newer cars that I'm aware of. I had and 84 CJ8 that had a v8 added with no probs due to this. This would actually be the first time I've ever heard of anyone phsyically checking the vin on the title versue the tag and frame in NC. Not saying it can't happen but I've sent my title off and noone has check anything. I've had several cars inspected and noone has went that far either. Matter of fact, I wasn't able to get the title for the CJ8 I bought and ended up buying a CJ7 title and tags then registered it that way no no probs.

Here in AZ there doesn't seem to be any standard. I have everything from truck to SUV to station wagon to jeep.

If you are so concerned what they call your cruiser as it might cause you problems down the line I would push for special since no FJ ever came with a diesel engine.

Well, my '63 is titled as a station wagon and my '69 is a 2 door both Colorado titles. You're eligible for classic plates I believe which makes the only emissions test you'll take easier IIRC. The standards are fairly lax for older vehicles here.

My CO title...
Make = TOY
Body = UP
Model = LAN
Type = PAS

Just got back from the DMV, that is exactly what she changed it to. It was listed as a MP on my NC title, but now it says UP. "utility passenger" is how it was described to me.

Well, my '63 is titled as a station wagon and my '69 is a 2 door both Colorado titles. You're eligible for classic plates I believe which makes the only emissions test you'll take easier IIRC. The standards are fairly lax for older vehicles here.

Nope, my 78 is not ready for classic plates, not by a long shot. Apparently, they changed that date to 35 years from 25 years. My 66 however, now that is ready for the classic plates!
The emission test for the diesel was cake. I think I blew around 7% and was allowed 35%. Sounds like I might be a bit on the lean side....

You moving to Colorado Rutbeer? Where at, Denver area I assume.

You moving to Colorado Rutbeer? Where at, Denver area I assume.

Yes. I have actually been in wash park since November, but I hadn't actually "moved"....it's been more like camping. I was traveling so much, and commuting back home, that I didn't call it official until now. Now, the house in NC is sold (unless something blows up), the wife is quitting her job back home, and I'm loading up the house and the 45 for the move. Can't wait. All this commuting has been a royal PITA and expensive.

In Florida, the woman at the DMV who did the VIN verification for my imported BJ41, listed it as Make: Toyota & Body: Jeep. I did not argue as I was trying to be as nice as possible to get Japanese Title converted to a FL title. My title and registration both say "JP" for body. I am not sure what a domestic FJ40 says on the title for FL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom