Titan TW 12 winch on a factory 80 series winch bumper? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I can measure a TW12, if that helps the determination.

The solenoid can be remote mounted and Duncan can make the leads whatever length you need, so it doesn't have to factor into the fitment equation.

Made in China, just like the rest. I'd opt for synthetic, personally. Paid $750 plus shipping for TW-12 spooled with synthetic two years ago.

Have run for couple years on FJC. Hasn't seen a lot of use, but hasn't failed to work. Not the fastest, but not the slowest, either.

Duncan at Titan is a good guy to work with, too.

The specs are a little suspicious on the TW12. Most Chinese and domestic 12K winches use a 6.5 hp motor with a 345:1 gear box. The TW12 uses a 183:1 gear box. Most other winches with 183: gear boxes and 6.5 hp motors are rated for 9K. You get a faster line speed but it won't pull as strong.

I have heard nothing but good stuff about Duncan and Titan. Unfortunately he is out of stock for another week (at least) or I would have mine already.

end hijack

yeah, plus 1 on titan winches. the TW 12 is i think in it's 3rd generation of continued improvements.

that's right, i forgot about being able to move that solenoid, yes! just so happens Duncan is in the next town over. :)

pic of that winch bumper.. (i have a roller fairlead) just not sure where the winch will actually sit on or if i'll need a winch plate fabbed up in behind the bumper...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/57azxd4b87jd8kx/bumper.jpg

and thanks fro the replies fellas, no worries on the hijack. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom