? tires (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Last edited:
I have run several sets on other vehicles and like them very much. I am certain they would perform as well on a Cruiser.

out of curiousty wich would you go with a Goodyear mtr or the Cooper

noah91fj80 said:
out of curiosity which would you go with a Goodyear mtr or the Cooper

I have no personal experience with the "MTR"....but I suspect they might have a slight advantage on rock. The Cooper is a very good tire for the money IMO.

You got dubs on your 80 boy. Or as you might know them as rims. Man 35 " wheel is like a wagon wheel.

I dont no the cost on a 35" but I called today on a 285/75r16 and it was $159.00 each

I was looking at the Cooper STT last night, the SEMA pictures spawned my interest. If I would have had the chance to look at those when I was purchasing I would have considered them. I wanted 315 MTRs and couldn't get them when I was purchasing(6 month backorder). So I went with trusty BFG ATs. I'm happy with them but I'm now longing for something more agressive as gas prices have shifted my use of the 80 to primarily off road. I won't mail order tires because I need the road hazard and mounting and balancing locally.

Noah are you looking at going to 16" rims? I like the 16s on my 94, but I liked having more cheap tire sources for the 15" rims of my 91.

I've said this in other threads, but you can't BEAT the deal on Dunlop MTs. Very aggressive tread, wear a long time, and they're like $125 for 35s and $150 for 315s.

People berate me also for this, but I have had great luck with the BigO XT. Knock on wood, but I've never had a tear or flat on them and they've work really really well and do a respectable job off-road. Anyway, they've got the lifetime warranty, etc.

when I purchased my 1991 fj80 it came with 16" toyota rims off of somthing

Kumho Venture MTs come in 35x12.50x15 for $133 per tire.

I see you have 16s, they only offer a 285/75R16....$120 per tire :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom