Tires with stock suspension (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I get up to go to work today and I find my car like this
100_0407.jpg

Quickly police and my insurance were contacted. It will all be covered, but I was wondering if I should upgrade my tires. I had Cooper Discoverer STT 265/75 r 16 with stock rims, but I can upgrade the tires to 315/75 with new stock rims for a small charge. My question is can this fit, or will there be substantial rubbing issues. I do now wheel often, but this may motivate me to buy a lift.

From the picture it looks as if 315s will fit.

:eek: Dude, that sucks.

Most guys will do 285's or 295's on a stock truck, though 315's will fit. Just be aware that 315's will rub a lot.

And get those special lock-type lugnuts. That will deter a lot of would-be thieves.

I don't have any input on the matter since I maintain everything stock. I've never seen anything like this. At least they left the vehicle on blocks. What thief carries blocks around? Get lock lugnuts like LKA1988 suggests!

it wont be enough for a lift, and I am also out of a DD for at least a week. What is the price of a new factory rim?

Wow man! That really suck but at least you had insurance. I would definitely try to get a lift and tires. You can get cheap 80 lifts here on Mud and tires and wheels on your area Craigslist. You might have to chip in a little but it's worth it.

Interesting... the wheels are turning and Frankies Off Road may be calling my name

Get a check for all new stuff, then buy used. In the meantime, surf craigslist for your wheels for sale. It would be great to hunt down the bastage that stole yours.

tires stock

hey toyota and firestone had a deal buy 3 get one free. I stayed stock for the milage reasons lots a hwy.I purchased 265 70 16 s dueler at revos for 731 out the door at firestone check it out my truck is a beach ride dd with a few trails no issues other than salty cancer :steer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom