Tires/Wheels stolen - need suggestions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys,
I was running what I believe are OEM 15" wheels, to which I had just added new 35x12.5 tires about 2 weeks ago. Last Monday the truck was stolen and they obviously took the wheels and tires. Luckily I got it back yesterday, but with new wheels attached. First, does anyone know what wheels these are? I feel like they might be off a 4Runner? 🤷‍♂️ Second, I'd like to get new tires ordered asap so I can start driving it again, but I honestly don't know what wheels to get after reading through all the threads.

What I would like to do is go with the 35x10.5R17 Kenda Klevers to gain a little more room over the 12.5 and open up the potential to do a Tundra brake upgrade, even though I had the inner fender and mud flap mildly modified so they would fit, which they did perfectly. I just can't figure out easily what BS and offset to get - I'm just getting over being sick for a week and the math is killing me.

Does anyone have any 17" wheel suggestions for that tire size? I know we don't have a lot of leeway with our trucks, but I really like the Black Rhino wheels - specifically the Armory and the Arsenal.

Previous setup, and what I am left with:

29066A86-53B3-461B-BE98-B6EB7DB55216.jpg

IMG_5064.JPG

The wheels you had are aftermarket. Probably JDM. Jaos or Enkei maybe?

I want to say those wheels came with the FJ Cruisers. Glad you got your truck back!

Nomad Wheels and Fifteen52 wheels have offsets that allow wheels to fit without spacers, which are kind of tricky with the 7x front axles. They’re also not as flashy as other aftermarket wheel company’s. But, they aren’t as tough as the steel OEM 5 spoke wheels.

Tire size, 255/85r16’s are great for these trucks (and just in general) without fender flares, but the only snow rated tire available to my knowledge is the Toyo M55 which is a pretty expensive tire. With the fender flares and 17” wheels 285/70r17 or 285/75r17 might be the move.

I want to say those wheels came with the FJ Cruisers. Glad you got your truck back!

I don't think FJC. the pockets look off to me.

Edit: Found it. 4Runner 17x7. 42611-35390. Offset is incorrect for a solid axle truck.

Last edited:

Nomad Wheels and Fifteen52 wheels have offsets that allow wheels to fit without spacers, which are kind of tricky with the 7x front axles. They’re also not as flashy as other aftermarket wheel company’s. But, they aren’t as tough as the steel OEM 5 spoke wheels.

Tire size, 255/85r16’s are great for these trucks (and just in general) without fender flares, but the only snow rated tire available to my knowledge is the Toyo M55 which is a pretty expensive tire. With the fender flares and 17” wheels 285/70r17 or 285/75r17 might be the move.

I do really like the Nomad wheels - thanks for the suggestion mcmarshing!

So glad you got the cruiser back.

Nomad makes some great looking wheels. You will have to run a spacer with all those nomad wheels.

I love braid wheels. They will custom build to your specs, but plan on shipped prices to be around $700 wheel.

Im running 4Runner wheels 17x8.5” with Yokohama MT G003 285/75r17 34x11x17. I am running spidertrax 1.5” spacers.
It’s a great size, not as skinny at 255s but not 12.5

With the spacers and 4.5 backspacing the fit just about even with the body.

96E40018-6A61-4F18-82F9-7028959D479E.jpeg

6AF9454E-50B6-473B-88EE-F12030B52A93.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom