Tires too small? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all!

I got another 100 series for the family! My son now drives a 2004 LX 470 with high mileage. He loves it, as he's wanted one since HIH9 and wanted to return (if it ever does) in his own rig!

This rig is new to us and has 275/65/18 on it. I'm looking for snow tires for him and see some 265/65/18s on sale I'd like to grab for him. Is this too small? I know winter tires are fine being a bit smaller than normal tires, but I just don't know too much about tires and sizing.

Thoughts?

I accidently have 265/65/18 discovery 3. First they looked small, now, more than a year later, they look fine as I come back to to it in a parking lot.
Brilliant in the rain.

I run Michelin LTX M/S2's in a 265/65/18 and they are solid and from a size standpoint they do not look small.

Relitive noob, I just put a set Yoko's AT G015 275 65 18 on mine think they're perfect. I had 4 sets on my last 2 4runner and loved them. Great all around tire.

Yeah, they're bigger than stock by about an inch i think? I run 265/65/18 Geolandar G015's on mine, and they look great. Also, a great tire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom