tires to wide or am i just not used to them (1 Viewer)

what do you think

• tire are way too wide?

Votes: 13 21.3%
  • just right?

Votes: 13 21.3%
  • dont be a baby and run them?

Votes: 27 44.3%
  • what the hell are you thinking?

Votes: 8 13.1%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

should i throw them on an 8 inch wheel?

I run my 40's on a 8" wide rim..

And will probably run a 44 on a 8" rim

here's a pic for comparison of a tsl and a tsl sx both on 10 inch wheels .
aluminum wheel is tsl sx, 38.5 x 14.5
and steel wheel has the tsl 38.5 x 16 do they look funny .

maybe the tire looks a little funny also because of the size, to big for the lift ..maybe need a little bit more lift or smaller tire . just a thought ,i think we need a pic showing more of the whole truck . just typing random thoughts:grinpimp:
IMG_0621 (Small).JPG

Personally I would go even wider if you can fit them, I really want a set of 35 x 14.5 x 15 Pitbull Rockers. I think my 35 x 12.50 procomps are way to narrow especially on 10" rims.
zach cruiser 102.jpg

Last edited:
aired down, you risk the possibility of losing air on the inside bead..

A valid point indeed. Wider tire or narrower rim.

Best

Mark A.

yes...

I run my 37's on an 8 inch rim, and ran my 38.5x14.5's before that on an 8 incher.

can you get me some pics or point me to where i might find some?

this shows both the 37x13.5 Irock and the 38.5x14.5 SX on the same 8" rims...

my truck is on its side on the Upper 2 ledge at tellico (wierd perspective)

(I now run all 4 Irocks)
DSC01444 (Medium).JPG

this shows both the 37x13.5 Irock and the 38.5x14.5 SX on the same 8" rims...

my truck is on its side on the Upper 2 ledge at tellico (wierd perspective)

(I now run all 4 Irocks)

you got any shots from the front?

give me a day and i'll take a couple poser pics. All my pics are from wheelin and none of them are very straight on.

I disagree all the talk of the wheels being to wide. I have 35x12.50s on 10 inch wheels and they look good. I don't lose air from the inner or outer beads when wheeling with at little at 10 psi. I think yours look funky because iroks are a f-ing ugly damn tire. Get some TSLs or SXs and they will look great.
Picture of 35x12.50s on 10 inch wheels:
cruiser.jpg

I disagree all the talk of the wheels being to wide. I have 35x12.50s on 10 inch wheels and they look good. I don't lose air from the inner or outer beads when wheeling with at little at 10 psi. I think yours look funky because iroks are a f-ing ugly damn tire. Get some TSLs or SXs and they will look great.

A 10" beadlock is wider. 11" or 12".

Here's a pic of my fat a$$ 38 in tsl super swampers. There almost dead. Next ones will be just a wee bit narrower.- Matt

DSCN3058sand.jpg

Here's a pic of my fat a$$ 38 in tsl super swampers. There almost dead. Next ones will be just a wee bit narrower.- Matt

I realize that you just wanted an excuse to post a picture of your junk on here but why don't you tell us what size wheels you have, since that is what this thread is mainly about--tire and wheel combos. An iso or profile shot would also have been more helpful than that front view.

Part of the reason your tire/rim combo looks okay is because you have a much bigger tire than the original poster (it is a ratio thing). The Irock also tends to baloon more than a BFG does. TSL's of any type look funky on a wide rim..

Part of the reason your tire/rim combo looks okay is because you have a much bigger tire than the original poster (it is a ratio thing). The Irock also tends to baloon more than a BFG does. TSL's of any type look funky on a wide rim..

I agree, it is a ratio thing(did cam have a 33" Irok? I assumed it was a 35).
However, my father has 35x15.50 TSLs on 12 inch wheels and the tires look good on that rim. (I don't have any pictures of that combo at work.)
I think that the main problem is that the Irok is simply an ugly tire, which adds to the roundness and wheel width issue.

The original poster what a front pic, so that's what I gave em. So shut your piehole 74 UA FJ. ( yea I'm talking to you:flipoff2: )

The original poster what a front pic, so that's what I gave em. So shut your piehole 74 UA FJ. ( yea I'm talking to you:flipoff2: )

You still didn't say how wide your wheels are, so your post is still useless to this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom