Tires - selection is thin OME 2.5" Lift (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ok everyone. I was merely repeating what has been said numerous times on this forum. Dont shoot the messenger. I am 100% sure 10.5's on stock wheels work fine for many users, but.......YMMV. there is a reason many tire shops wont install them on narrow wheels after all.

33's

I have loved my 33x10.50 R15s.

Les schwab put the Toyo MT on mine with no issue! They are a good tire that is super tough.

It has handled flawlessly on a ton of trails in Moab this year and last. Even airing them down to 12 psi they rocked!

IMG_5884.jpg

IMG_5935.jpg

They stuff well and give good clearance. My lift is basically a two inch front with three inch rear.

So do FJ60's have wider steel wheels than the 40's?

Hi all,

FJ40 stock wheels are 5.5 inches wide, while stock FJ60 wheels are 6.0 inches wide.

The tire store will tell you that a 10.5 inch wide tire needs a 8 inch wide wheel, but experience has shown that a narrower wheel works fine, and in fact will help retain the bead seat better at low pressure.

Regards,

Alan

BFG 33x10.50x15 on Mojave 15x7 rims. Longer shackles, no lift. Very minimal rub in the rear. I'm happy, but my rears were already cut when I got it. No experience for an 'uncut' opinion.

If I had bought them after I got the 80, I'd have gone up to 16's so I'd always have a set of tires that could go on either with the proper rims.

--john

Have two rigs currently, one with FJ60 rims and one stock. Both have 10.50 33s without issue.

Thanks for those pictures. After seeing that I think I prefer the OEM rims with the hub caps. Everyone seems to have them painted a grey color. was this grey a factory color or is it just popular? If it is a stock color does anyone know what the paint code is?? I think I'll just take my old steelies and get them powder coated. Then find some good 33x10.5's R15's... Should look gangster!!

Thanks for those pictures. After seeing that I think I prefer the OEM rims with the hub caps. Everyone seems to have them painted a grey color. was this grey a factory color or is it just popular? If it is a stock color does anyone know what the paint code is?? I think I'll just take my old steelies and get them powder coated. Then find some good 33x10.5's R15's... Should look gangster!!

To the best of my knowledge stock was grey, I went black because of existing pin stripes and because I bought two wheels new from the dealer and they come black. Only had to strip and paint 3 to make a complete set.

AFIK there are several threads on matching the grey color

Thanks. I'll dig around a bit and see if I can't find some info on the grey color. I really like that look!!

I just recently put a set of 33x10.50x15 Toyo Open Country MT's on JTO 15x8 Eagle black alloys on mine , no lift other than PO's longer shackles -

Traction on all conditions is amazing on these MT's , even in the rain .

Rear fender lips are cut under the flares though, I'll bet. 31x10.5s will rub the fender lip enough to push it out with no lift.

Stock wheels and a set of 33x10.5 bfg AT's. Like a few have said you may need to trim the lip on the rear fenders.

That being said I run 31x9.5 super swampers on stock rims, no lift. I cruised around Moab just fine last summer and run a few fun trails here in Ca as well.

Plus they look cool.

I think stock wheels with the super swamper tsl"s look nice on these cruisers.

x2 on tsl's this is my truck many years ago... 34x9.5 on stock steelies... it is a bit higher lift than what your looking at... but i have seen them with 2.5 and shackels... great off road tire
front%20view.jpg

Well, just put 33"x10.5 KO2 on and it looks good, but rubs the steering relay rod at max left turn. Now looking at options to solve that. Looks like the FAQ is down right now :(

IMG_2954.jpg

@morgandc

Found this thread with pic... see here:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom