Tires rubbing. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A long time ago I had some 31/12R15 tires mounted and they rubbed exactly like you describe off road. Had a 2" lift too.
Your tires aren't quite as wide but they're a bit taller.
The lift doesn't really help if the spring gets fully depressed on a downhill turn. You're on the bump stops anyway.

The only way I completely got rid of the rubbing offroad was to go back to a 10.5" wide tire.
Sure, some guys with really stiff lifts can get by with no rubbing off road with oversized tires, but that's only because the springs aren't flexing.
Aftermarket taller spring packs are longer than the originals, so when they compress fully, the axle juts a bit farther forward than the originals which can cause oversized tires to rub the fender.

I have a hj61 with 285/75 r16 AT. 2" lift.
When the 60 is turning into bends (nose down steep down hill turns) the tires are rubbing on the front inner fender. More so on the left side.
Just wondering if anyone was having the same issue.
Thanks in advance
Which rims are you using? Is the offset different than stock?

Thanks for the reply guys.
Glad to hear I'm not alone with tire rubbing.
Its exactly OSS described it. As for offset, I think I have -25. Pretty sure the offset is good. Probably just the tire width is causing the problem.
I was just surprised cos I've read a lot of posts where people are have same tires as mine without issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom