Tires guidance (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all

I bought a 95 LC with 285/75/16 tires on. The tires are fine but after couple off-road events everyone tell me I should upgrade the tires to 35”. Buying tires is definitely in my near future, but if I go to 35” tires what other support mods do I have to follow?

the LC right now is stock except for 3” lift and 285 tires.
Thank you in advance

EF900591-6077-41E6-8BD4-B34FBC35F2B8.jpeg

In general, you can run 315s pretty trouble free; many do. You‘ll notice the small loss of power, but can regear the transfer case to end up at about ~4.56 if you feel the need, instead of having to do the axles. Your 3” lift should be fine as far as fitment goes.

Last edited:
And down the Rabbit Hole you go........

Stick with 285 and possibly get some more aggressive rubber.

If you go with 315's, expect to do a regear in the near future to restore power.

I originally had 295s and hated it. My tranny was constantly hunting for the right gear at 55 to 60 mph. I upgraded to 315's but then noticed the lack of power. Fast forward a few years and I regeared to 4.88's and love this combination. The Cruiser feels light on the road and the offroad performance has improved. Regearing while not earth shattering, is still one of my favorite upgrades of all time.

2 years with 295's and 4.10 gears
4 years with 315's and 4.10 gears
2 years with 315's and 4.88 gears

Tell your friends your penis is big enough the way it is. If they scoff, remind them that their mom/girlfriend agrees with you.

Your current lift is fine for 315's. One thing to sort out is your spare tire, which will no longer fit under the truck, so swing out bumper or put it in the back if that doesn't screw with your cargo requirements. And you may wish to re-gear. I'm still on stock gears with 315's and it's OK, but I definitely feel like I will go with 4.88 at some point in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom