Tires for stock FJ40 wheels (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I looking for some large tires for my stock FJ40 Im thinking BF Goodrich AK2 31 x 10.5
61177075610__53E84DBA-431E-475D-8188-58D72E7681C3.jpeg

31 10.5 15 fit very well on a stock cruiser rim
the rim in the pic does not look like a stock cruiser rim

I believe stock rims are 15 x 5.5...... I have BFG 33x10.5 MTs on my stock wheels (a combo that a lot of guys here run) with no issues at all - so your 6” wheels should do fine!

I really like the look of your truck with the razrs. I have a 71 with only 1" -2" lift. Will the 33x10.5 Maxxis Razrs fit ?

I really like the look of your truck with the razrs. I have a 71 with only 1" -2" lift. Will the 33x10.5 Maxxis Razrs fit ?
That might be a tight fit with 33’s and a 2” lift, mine is a 4” lift, at least it’s supposed to be.

I have always run the 33 x 10.5 with 2.5inch lift. I would think you might get a little rubbing but with 2" would think you would be fine.

thank you, you all just saved me a bundle. I was thinking of pulling the trigger on the cityracer 16" x 5.5" wheels, but the shipping costs made my eyes water. Thank you again.

Hey all. I'm going to put on a 2" OME lift soon and am looking to replace the tires as well. Was going to go with 31x10.50x15s, leaning toward the KO2s....I have the stock spoke steelies (which in the process I'm going to get media blasted and repainted white) and in contacting Discount (like @Goforth) they won't mount unless they are min 6.5". I haven't tried NTB/Mavis yet, but will...

Wanted to get thoughts from the group re: the 31"s with a 2" lift on the 5.5" stock rims. All good and just a matter of finding a place that will put them on? Or, any suggestions of other tires? I'd rather not swap out the stock wheels.

thx!

Yes, not a problem. The 31x10.5 or 33x10.5 is the most common combination with stock wheels.

My local Les Schwab mounted mine. Or just find a local independent shop, seems like there's one on every corner here.

Original tires seem to have been more of a M/T type tread, but KO2’s are quiet 👍

The KO2s look nice with it from the pics I’ve seen. Called a few other places (chains) and they won’t mount either. Said they would only mount 215/70 or 75 👎 The reason is the liability - but seems like so many on here have 31-33s 10.50s on the stock 5.5s. Thinking I may just need to buy the tires and find a local shop. Hate to move away from the stock 5.5s, but debating now with the 2” lift if I should go with a 16” and wider...or, am I just over thinking it??

Last edited:
Keep those stock rims, buy the tires and find an independent shop. Maybe take the rims off the vehicle and take them in with the tires. There are alot more choices with the 16" rim but then you have the added expensive.

Keep those stock rims, buy the tires and find an independent shop. Maybe take the rims off the vehicle and take them in with the tires.
This.

Tell them the tires are for a trail rig, not a road legal vehicle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom