tired, scarred, and bloody (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Finally got some time for more PM today. Replaced the PHH ("PESKY" is an understatement for that dang heater hose, if I never have to do that again, it will be too soon). Also replaced the ringed fan with the 4runner fan like CDan and ToolRUs figured out. (https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=55521&page=3&pp=30&highlight=fan+blade)

On the PHH, has anyone replaced the whole metal tube (the one that runs to the top of the engine) with a silicone hose??? Seems like the would be easier but there may be a downside to doing this that I am not aware of.

The coolant flush was a bit messy, caught most of it in a 5 gallon bucket, the rest is all over the garage and me. Coolant that came out looked to be in good shape. It was about 2.5 years old, but didnt see any sludge.

Replacing the Fan was pretty straight forward thanks CDan and Tools R Us. If you have a blower on your rig, I would recommend doing this. I cant quantify how much better the air flow is, but there is an noticeable difference. I trimmed the fan shroud like CDan, only I used a jig saw. Worked fine.

Did I mention the PHH was a pain in the A$$?

smokethedog

yes "pesky" is a bit of an understatement. probably the most agrivating task I have found on my 80.

A few have replaced the metal pipe with hose; although nobody has reported any problems with this I would be weary of it for chafe through reasons, the engine moves around in its mounts. a soft hose will not stay in place like a metal line and will most likely rest against something,

I replaced the whole thing. I got so pissed at trying to remove the metal hose, i just cut it out with a sawzall and put in a foot and a half hi-temp sillicone hose. Got about 3kmi on it since then and no problems what so ever. It ended up being alot easier then messing around with that tiny hose. I'll check for wear in about a month, and post back if I find anything drastic.

I did the same thing Mr. Bryan. No problem for the last year. I didn't cut it off. I think two bolt held it in.

Mine was not so pesky, I guess because it had already been replaced by the PO. No weird factory clamps to fight with. I wonder if the blood stains I saw around it were from the PO? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom